Chapter 29 Be A Slave

"Open the cell." Prince Morloch ordered the demon knight, who was reluctant to do as told, afraid that the king would be against it. Though at the same time, he felt intimidated by the prince.

"Are you ignoring my order?" The prince stared at him coldly.

The knight hastily opened the cell and closed it again when Zerha got out.

"Momo, thank you!"

I can't believe I let her call me such a name, the prince thought.

"But...Can you release them as well?" Zerha asked, referring to the thieves.

The prince shot her a questioning look.

"Why? They tried to steal."

"Yes, but they only did that, because they don't have anything to eat, and they're hungry-"

The clumsy demon burped all of a sudden. "I-I'm sorry..."

"Hungry? That doesn't seem like the case."

"Uh... That's because I gave them food to eat earlier. That's why..." Zerha said awkwardly.

"Ha! How could you talk so casually? And you even dare to make a request? You think His Highness-"

"All right."

They were all surprised, especially the demon knight. He didn't expect that the prince would spare someone. He didn't even know them, and yet he treated them differently. He could just kill them like he usually did with prisoners, especially the demon who had the audacity to make a request and did not even respect the prince. The knight was puzzled.

"But on one condition," the prince continued.

"C-condition? W-what condition?" Zerha asked nervously. She did not know why, but she had a bad feeling about this.

"Be a slave. My slave, to be exact."

"Oh, it's just a slave-wait, what? Slave?"

"Yes, slave. That's the condition if you want me to release them."

"We're fine. You don't have to become a slave." One of the three thieves said, and his two friends agreed.

Zerha looked at them. They are good demons.

"I'll accept."

The prince smiled.

The knight's jaw dropped. He was dumbfounded by what he just heard from the prince, and he was further taken aback when he saw the prince smile for the first time. H-how? Who is this demon? I can't see the face because of the hood, but judging by the voice, this demon is probably a lady.

"Release them," the prince ordered.

"Y-yes!"

"Thank you so much, Crown Prince."

"We apologize for the trouble. We promise we will not do it again, Your Highness." The demon said sincerely.

Zerha did not hear them addressing the prince as 'Crown Prince' or 'Your Highness', because she was sulking in the corner. She already regretted agreeing to the condition that the prince gave her.

Prince Morloch stared at them coldly and did not say anything. The three demons flinched. He is just too intimidating.

"E-excuse me, Your Highness, but what am I supposed to say to the king?"

"Tell him it's all just a misunderstanding."

"I-I don't think he'll believe it-eek!" The demon knight suddenly flinched when the prince let out a dark aura.