Chapter 37 He's in a secret relationship

......

The King of the Demon Kingdom went into the dungeon where they imprisoned Zerha and the other demons yesterday with the demon knights accompanying him.

Hm? The King frowned when he noticed something from the cell bars. "What is this?" he asked the demon knights. The demon knights look at the melted cell bars and notice that the other bars are continuing to melt.

"...I'm not quite sure what is this, but I think this is some kind of acid, your majesty..." one demon knight replied.

"Acid...this is no ordinary acid, this is a venom. I'm certain of it. Only beasts like serpents can have venoms than can melt hard things, like rocks and steel." said the demon knight who was with Prince Morloch yesterday.

"Let's say it was a beast, but how did they enter the Kingdom without being noticed?" Did someone pretend to be a demon, and bring it secretly?

"Who are the demons that were prisoned here?" the King asked.

"It was the four thieves, your majesty. They can't possibly be the ones who created these venoms since before we put them in here, we remove all their things and magical items."

"Are you sure they are demons?"

"They have horns and use black magics, they are demons, your majesty." The knight said recalling the day they fought those thieves.

The King stares at the venoms that are still slowly melting the cell bars. He felt the same magical powers to the demon who sneak inside the castle the other night. "Have you noticed a strange demon from the thieves you have captured?" he asked.

"Strange...?" the knight recalls the thieves' actions. "...they are weak and clumsy, your majesty, there's nothing strange about them..."

"Is that so." the King feels uneasy and remembers Prince Morloch. He has begun to feel suspicious about him again. Why would he release those demons? What will be his reason this time? The King thought.

"Ah! There's someone! She seems close to Prince Morloch."

"There is?" the King didn't believe him since the Prince doesn't have any friends or close relatives, he's very distant towards anyone.

"Yes. The lady insisted that she is not one of the thieves, and suddenly, His Highness believed her and release her. If it is not because of her, Prince Morloch wouldn't order me to release the other thieves as well."

The other knights who heard him don't even surprise anymore since the Prince is different from the King. If the Prince knew that the demon/s are wrongly accused, or innocent and had a reasonable reason for their wrongdoing, he doesn't hesitate to spare their lives. Unlike the current King who is always brutal, he punished the prisoners a hard way. He doesn't like to spare someone, even if you are of the same race as him, especially if you are a human or a beast.

"...although Prince Morloch gave her a condition, he will release them if she will become a slave." The knight continued.

Slave? The King is even more confused. "...There's nothing else to see, let's go." the King said and walks to leave the dungeon. As they reach the entrance gate, the King ordered the knights to tighten even more the securities. "If you find anyone suspicious, capture them immediately," he said and the demon knights bowed to him as he leaves.

And the King is on his way to see the Prince.

......

-Prince Morloch's room-

"So, I only need you to get the envelope from the demon named Livia. But make sure to not open it. And importantly, don't spout anything to anyone about what I have told you to do. Got it? Also, give this to her after." Prince Morloch said as he handed a small blue box to Zerha. Zerha grab the box, and as she open it, her eyes sparkled in amazement. Inside the box has a pair of shiny earrings made with ruby stones.