Chapter 9 Welcome to Haria Kingdom

.......

“This sword is very sharp. You should buy it, sir!” One merchant offers a silver sword that has magic imbued with it.

“Three apples.” A demon hunter wearing armor buys three apples from a stall in the market. “That will be five silver coins, ma’am.” the merchant replied, and the demon hunter paid her with five silver coins.

“The dagger looks so cool!” One demon hunter exclaimed as he saw the dagger's blade glowing in blue color. He was about to grab it but stopped when another demon hunter shouted at him. “Hey! This is mine! Look for something else!” The first demon hunter that saw it first got mad and shouted at him as well.“What? I saw it first!” They are now glaring at each other.

“So this is the market of the Haria Kingdom?” Zerha asked in amusement. It looks normal. Well, except they are selling weapons. She thought.

“Yes. We should be careful, Master. There are demon hunters everywhere.” Foxy said as she
looked at the people who were carrying weapons.

“Don’t tell me they can tell that we are not humans?” Zerha asked nervously.

“No. But I heard that there is a demon hunter that can tell that you are not human even though you’re wearing a disguise.” Garren replied.

“What if we bump into them?” And worst they'll kill me!!! Zerha panicked.

“Then let’s just kill them!” Garren answered aggressively.

“Garren is right. Your safety is our priority!” Foxy agreed.

“J-just calm down. We shouldn’t make trouble while we are here." I'm a demon now, I should stay low now that we are in a place where humans kill demons, Zerha thought.“By the way, we should find a place to stay.” I don't want to stay in the Demon Kingdom, I'm afraid of demons!! Zerha thought feeling chills.

“Let me find it for you, Milady. There is a wooden bench over there. You should rest there with them. I’ll come back when I’ve found a place to stay.” Sage suggested.

“Well, are you sure? Now that I think about it, I’m exhausted from that long walk. Phew!”

“Yes. I will go now, Milady.”

“Mm. Be careful.”

After Sage left, Zerha just noticed that Ecanus was no longer with them. Huh? “Guys, where’s Ecanus?”

“Huh? He was right beside me earlier.” Garren said, looking to his left.

“Whoa! This poison dagger is cool!” They all turned their heads at the sound of Ecanus’ voice. They saw the angel at one of the stalls that were selling weapons.

“Young man, if you buy this I’m sure you can defeat demons easily! This poison dagger has
venom from the serpent you’ll find in the cave of the forbidden forest. My son is the one who
put the venom in this dagger!” The merchant presented the dagger to Ecanus, who was nodding in amusement. The merchant pushes the button on the holder of the dagger and suddenly the blades from the dagger release drops of acid. Ecanus sparkled looking at it.

“Why do I feel that it’s a scam?” Zerha suddenly said.

“Huh?” Garren asked.

“I mean, I feel that the merchant is lying,”

“You are right, Master. She said that venom is from the serpent in my cave, but no one except
you defeated that serpent.” Garren replied.

“I’m sure of it. That is just an ordinary poison.” Foxy chimed in.