Chaoter 41 Livia the Informant

.....

"This is important, so please keep it safe and don't let others see this. Hide it," she said mysteriously. Zerha made a confused face. Isn't this just a love letter? Why is she so serious?

Zerha suddenly realizes something. Ah, how can I forget? They are in a secret relationship! It must be hard for both of them. Zerha looks at Livia in pity.

Livia only looks at her in confusion, why is she looking at me like that?

"Oh, may I ask what are those things for?" Zerha asked. She was thinking that it was quite familiar, and she remembers the magical metals and different kinds of materials she have found when she was still in the cave. However, the materials she has found in the cave look more shiny and fancy.

Hearing that, Livia's face suddenly brightens. "Ohhh are you interested in weapons?!" she asked excitedly.

Weapon? Are those for making weapons? "N-No. I was just asking." A lady like her is making weapons?! Zerha was shocked.

After hearing Zerha's response, Livia felt dejected. "Is that so..." she sighed. "Since you save my life I will tell you," Livia suddenly become serious. "Listen, I am an illegal craftswoman."

I-Illegal?! Zerha was too shocked, she was looking at Livia with wide eyes, it was too wide that her eyes could spit out. "Wh-What?! I-If that is for crafting weapons, then are you making illegal guns? Or bombs?!" Also, what is this relationship between Momo and her?! A captain of the royal knights and his girlfriend an illegal weapon maker?!

Livia made a questioning look. "What? Guns? Bombs? I don't know what you're talking about. Anyways, it's illegal, that's because the materials I have been using for crafting are from an unauthorized trading center. Also, I am like a blacksmith, but I only craft minor weapons, like different kinds of knives, and design magic staffs. I can usually craft mid-level items since my materials are either low or medium-grade. "

She's an artisan? "Unauthorized trading center?" Zerha asked. There is an illegal trading center in the Demon Kingdom?

"Yes. A trading center that hasn't been registered to the palace is considered illegal. All the shops, residentials, restaurants, and any businesses built, should need permission from the palace first before they start running their businesses. It's one of the rules in the Demon Kingdom, I think you already knew that. That trading center and all the items in there are all from anonymous people. They always cover their faces and hide their identities when they trade jewelry for items or trade items for jewelry. A lot of anonymous people choose that trading center because they can find rare magical materials and dangerous crafted items. And no one knows where all the materials came from or how did they even manage to get those high-grade ones. They also said that the owner of that place is powerful that nobody dares to report him to the palace."

If they are anonymous, it might be possible that not only demons are trading there, Zerha thought.

"Those people...they haven't sent me any commissions yet..." Livia heaves another sigh.

"Those people wanted you to make items for them?"

"Yes..."

"How did they know that you can make them? Isn't it dangerous to see them your face, especially if it's illegal to craft an item from that trading center?" And if you get caught you'll end up with the death penalty!! That's the only punishment for lawbreakers in this Kingdom!! Zerha thought and feels chills.

"They don't know me, I always cover my face whenever I'm trading and accepting commissions."

"Are those people knew where your house is?"