Chapter 10 Zale

.....

-Another dimension, the Human World

Zale headed to the cemetery to bring flowers to Zerha’s grave. He stared at the grave with
dejection.“I wish I could bring you back..."

He stayed there for a while before he got inside his car and drove home.

As he parked his car in their garage, he noticed from the front mirror, an old lady standing outside his gate. He quickly opened the door and went to open the gate when he recognized who it was. “Is there a problem, Grandma? Did you wait for me for too long?"

“Ah, no."

“Come inside.”

“Thank you.”

As they headed inside, Zale went straight to the kitchen to make tea for the old lady.

“Is something wrong, Grandma?” he asked as he gave a cup of tea to her and sat on the couch.

“Thank you. You and Zerha are so kind…” She said as she received the tea.

Zale just smiled bitterly when he heard the name of his sister. “That’s because you treat us well. You treat us like your own grandchildren.”

“I hope you also treat your classmates kindly.”

“I-I do…” Zale replied without making eye contact with her. Zale acted rather cold towards other people.

“Zerha… Do you want to bring her back into this world?” She asked and sip her tea.

This question puzzled Zale. What is she talking about? Bring her back?

“It may sound impossible, but I can bring her back with your help. Her soul is not here but in
another dimension.” She said calmly and put the teacup back on the saucer.

“G-Grandma, did you hit your head or something?” Has she gone insane? Zale thought.

The old lady made a poker face and spoke.“I know what you’re thinking. I’m not crazy; I’m telling you the truth. I can bring her back, but
of course, I need your help." She stared at Zale. “You don’t want to bring her back?”

Zale smiled bitterly. “If such a thing is possible, of course, I’ll grab that opportunity. But I know I can’t bring her back. Neither of us can. I miss her so much; I failed to protect her...” He said, trying to hold back tears.

“You can trust me.”

Zale looked at her and realized that she was being serious. Though he was still doubting if she could bring her back. That is just impossible.

“Since you and Zerha always help me and treat me so well, I’ll help you. I sent Zerha’s soul to
another dimension so that she’d have another chance to live. To bring her back to this dimension, she’ll have a mission, and that is to defeat the Devil.” To be honest, I choose Zerha from the start and I sent Zerha ‘there' on purpose, it's just a coincidence that she died in this dimension. And I successfully sent her to ‘that’ dimension since it needs saving, the old lady thought.

Why do I feel like she’s telling the truth but lying at the same time? Zale was confused.
“...Devil? How can she do that? Does Zerha know about it?”

“Unfortunately, she doesn’t know about it. That’s why I need your help, and this time you will have another chance to protect and help her.” She will be having a hard time finding and defeating the Devil there, that's why I need her brother to help her accomplish her mission. If they are unable to do it, then this brother of hers will be trapped there as well.