Chapter 32 I'll Burn Them All

....

In the Haria Kingdom's market, today was the turn of the Moonlight Demon Hunters to patrol and guard each part of this area. Some guards from the Kingdom accompanied them since the Moonlight didn’t have a sufficient number of members.

They began to form four groups. Each group had four people that Luke specially selected since he had to make plans and command all the demon hunters from the Kingdom. 

Demon hunters started to leave and went to their designated areas after they finished getting ready.

Denver, the Captain of the Moonlight Demon Hunters, along with his three members that went with him on the expedition with Prince Clove, guarded the entrance of the market, which was near the forbidden forest.

“Sir Denver, do you not notice? I think Prince Clove has changed." Gregord remarked, albeit uncertain what exactly about the prince has changed.

Denver shot him an inquisitive look. "Changed?”

“Uh, you know, his behavior suddenly changed. And his personality. Hard to explain, but he has changed...”

“I do not know if he has changed since I don’t know what kind of person he is, but maybe the changes you have noticed in him, is him, being powerful,” Denver replied.

“Well, maybe… Since a lot of rumors are going around, and one of them is that he is weak… And we all saw the way he used his ability. He is not weak at all!” Gregord exclaimed.

“I think the rumors about him are all true,” Cara chimed in. Lucas nodded in agreement to her statement.

“How can you two be so sure?” Denver asked.

“I often accompany Lucas when he goes to the training ground, to heal him after his sparring with the other demon hunters from each guild. We notice that every time the prince goes to the training grounds, some hunters that see him mock him for being weak. Hunters always challenge him to a duel, but Prince Clove doesn’t know how to barehanded, and he always ends up being beaten…” Cara explained.

“What? How could do they that? He’s the prince! Even if he is weak, they should respect him! It should be normal that he doesn’t know combat since he is a mage! He specializes in magic! Those b*st*rds!” Denver felt his blood boil.

“They look down on him even more when they spar using magic. The prince uses his fire ability, but he can’t even win against the mage who uses a low-level water ability. He can’t even control his magic.” Lucas said.

“People inside and outside of the castle look down on him. They say that the only heir of the Haria Kingdom is too weak. They are against the fact that he will eventually take the throne. Those people keep talking badly about him. Because of this, he seldom leaves his chambers.” Cara added pitifully.

Denver was thinking that if the things that people said about him were true, the prince must have truly changed. Not only had his personality changed, but also his prowess.

“Those people will regret all of their hurtful actions and words after witnessing the prince’s ability. Remember when he threw a powerful fireball at those two low-level demons, they quickly turned to ashes! I believe he’ll be even more powerful!” Denver said, feeling proud of the prince.

“We notice that you really like the prince, Captain,” Lucas remarked.

Denver chuckled. “I just like him.”

While they guarded the area, a woman in her thirties suddenly approached Denver. “Sir Denver, there’s a commotion over there!” She pointed to the place where Garren, Ecanus, and Foxy were.