Chapter 38 Prince Morloch's past and others'

......

-Continuation of flashback-

The evil demon took Mephise and flew away, Gary let out his wings and quickly followed them, he didn't notice that Morloch is on his back following him.

Gary flew quickly to catch up to the evil demon, he slowly pull his sword from the sheathe and attack aggressively. The evil demon didn't see it coming so he got stabbed in the waist. The evil demon's flying becomes unstable because of the pain, he almost drops Mephise but he quickly tightens his grip on Mephise's waist.

He faces Gary and unleashes dark magic and throws it at Gary but was unable to dodge. He quickly flies away and landed in a forest while Gary is still enduring the pain he got.

He got mad at Garry because that stab was so painful, but suddenly he came up with the idea of absorbing the dark magic coming from the Princess. Even though it's not that powerful, it's enough to heal his wounded body.

The Princess got surprised when the demon is looking at her evilly, she was trembling in fear. Mephise started crying while looking at the wicked in terror. The evil feels pleasure looking at the Princess' scared face. He grabs the Princess's arm and slowly absorbs her magical powers.

Meanwhile, in the mid-air, after Gary recovered from the pain, he quickly look where the evil demon is. Where are they? He thought while looking down in the forest but suddenly, Morloch appear in front of him. "There they are!! Uncle, hurry!!" Morloch shouted hurriedly as he pointed the two demon figures under a big tree.

"M-morloch?" Gary was shocked to see Morloch, he didn't know that Morloch was following him all along. Although he was shocked but quickly recovered because it was not the time to ask questions.

Gary draw his sword and quickly attack the evil demon as he landed on the ground. But the evil demon saw him coming and throw him dark magic before he even lay his sword on the wicked. It was a strong dark magic that Gary was being pushed back and crashed into a tree."Ugh!"

I almost absorbed her powers, the evil demon thought while looking at his wounded waist slowly healing. But the evil demon got surprised when Mephise was suddenly grabbed by someone, it was Morloch. "You! What did you do to her?!" he asked angrily as he notice that Mephise is not moving.

"Oh? I can see that you emit more powerful magic than that girl, young man." said the evil demon looking at Morloch's body surrounded by dark magic. "I should have grabbed you instead of the Princess. But it is fine though since the Princess has enough magic that my wound already healed," he said as he looks at the wound on his waist, but there was a still wound on his chest that is still aching.

"You. Are you that rumored demon, that killing other demons is your plaything?!" Gary asked. That was what we are currently investigating, that a demon is killing another demon. And when we check the dead bodies, they were brutally killed. Torn limbs, bodies that have been cut off their heads, and bodies that have been stabbed multiple times. We have not figured out who has been killing them yet because aside from them being brutally killed, there was something strange in their bodies. Supposedly their souls should still be around the place where they died but they weren't in there anymore, Gary thought recalling the reports from the investigation they have accumulated. Gary also notices that not only the souls vanished, but their magical powers were gone, there are no traces of dark magics on their bodies like they don't have any magic power from the start.

"What if I say, yes? What can you do? You're just a weak demon or should I say, demons on this land are all weak!" he said looking down at the demons in the Demon Kingdom.

'This land'...? Gary got confused about what he said and thought that is he belong to another land? But is there any land where a demon can live...no, there was one! "Why did you kill those poor demons?!" Gary asked angrily.