Chapter 16 Help the Demon Queen?

...

“You’re able to possess my body and make my soul d-disappear?” Zerha asked nervously. The
soul didn’t answer her and suddenly possessed her body.

Huh? Where is this place? Zerha thought. She suddenly appeared in a place where there was only darkness. She tried to wander the area in search of a way out, though it seemed like an endless path.

Fear and panic crept into her heart. Zerha hated darkness, especially when she was alone. It brought back memories of the past.

No! No! No! Please...I don't want to remember it anymore...please...Zerha begs no one and holds her head, and suddenly bits of memories from the past flash before her eyes. She started to panic more. She knelt and looked into the darkness with a vacant expression. Tears spilled from her eyes as sobs racked her body.

“Zale...” She uttered.

“G-get me out of here..…”

“I-I’m scared..…”

“I don’t want to be here...”

“Help me...”

“Zale, where are you? It's...it's not my fault...”

The demon queen suddenly felt pity for Zerha. She didn’t know that she had trauma. Her heart softened, and she brought her soul back to Zerha’s body. The demon queen sighed. “Stop crying. I did not mean to take over your consciousness. I did not know that something happened to you in the past…”

“Z-Zale? Huh? I-it’s not dark anymore?” Zerha said and wipes her tears.

“That place is a part of your heart, and I am trapped in this place, in this dark place!” The
demon queen sighed again. “But it is fine since I am used to it.” Though why is her heart covered in blackness? She was puzzled.

Zerha took a deep breath and tried to forget what she suddenly remembered moments ago.
“You took over my body and put me in a dark place. Why would you do that?!”

“If you do not want me to take over our body and put your soul in that dark place again, obey me! Help me get my revenge!”

Zerha was still hesitating as to whether she would help the demon queen or not. Though she
also considered the fact that if she refused to obey her, the demon queen would take over her
body, and on top of it, she would put her soul back in that dark place again. And she didn’t
want to remember her traumatic experiences from the past. She hated it.

“You do not have any other choice.” the Demon Queen said in a serious tone.

“F-fine! So what do I need to do first?” I guess I will just obey her for now but at the same time, I will find a way to get her out of my body, Zerha thought.

“You are a very weak demon. How can we get my revenge if your power is too weak? First, I
need you to be strong!”

Did she just call me weak? I have acquired abilities! Zerha thought, and an idea popped into her mind. “Hold on… Do you know where your original body is?” Zerha asked.

Zerha was thinking that if she would help the demon queen find her original body and transfer her soul back there, she would no longer need to help her get her revenge. She remembered from the fantasy novels that she read, that demon queens were powerful. Hence, if they found the demon queen’s original body, she could get her revenge without Zerha’s help.

“Now that I think about it...I forgot where it is located… Why do you ask?”

Zerha slapped her palm on her forehead at these words. How can she forget where her body is?
“May I ask first if you’re s-strong?”