Chapter 34 We'll go with you!

“What?” The three of them shouted at the same time.

“Oh! Thanks! I would appreciate it if you protect her! The more, the merrier!” Ecanus remarked and gave a thumbs-up to Prince Clove.

“What the hell are you saying, stupid angel?” Foxy shouted. Does he really believe this human?

“Wait, wait! Who would believe that?” Garren exclaimed as he was confused. Why would he protect Zerha, a demon?

“Yeah. Garren is right. Why would you protect your enemy?” Foxy said.

“Shouldn’t I ask you three the same question? Why would you protect her?” Prince Clove was confused. Aren’t they humans as well?

“What? Who says we’re protecting that demon?” Garren replied as he avoided making eye contact with Prince Clove.

“Considering you only ripped those posters of her—” Prince Clove didn’t finish his sentence when Garren suddenly spoke again.

“W-we already told you. We only ripped those posters, because we were bored. Why would we protect a demon? We’re even planning to kill her—ugh!”

The three of them were surprised by what Prince Clove did next. He suddenly grabbed Garren’s collar behind the cell bars.

“If you lay even a single finger on her, I will kill you.” Prince Clove remarked menacingly, emitting a murderous aura.

Garren was trying to extricate himself from Prince Clove’s grasp, though he couldn’t remove his hand. Why is he physically stronger than I am?

“Calm down, Your Highness. He’s just joking.” Why is he so mad? Does he really want to protect Master? But why? Foxy thought.

“I do not care if he’s joking. If I hear another word like that again coming from any of you, I’ll burn you all to a crisp.”

“Well, I think you won’t be able to burn him since dragons have fire resistance,” Ecanus remarked.

“What?” Prince Clove shot them a puzzled look. Dragon? What is he talking about? Is there any dragon in this world?

Garren and Foxy looked startled for a moment before they glared at Ecanus. Why would he say that? Does he want us to get exposed? Garren looked as if he could kill Ecanus at any moment.

Ecanus was confused about why they were glaring at him. I didn’t do anything wrong, though. He thought.

“All right. We won’t say anything like that anymore. So please calm down, Your Highness.” Foxy said softly. She wanted to use her ability to manipulate Prince Clove, though she was suddenly unable to use it. She frowned. Why can’t I use my power?

“May I ask, why would you protect her? Isn’t she a demon? A natural enemy of humans?” Foxy asked.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you the truth. Now, where is Zerha?” the prince replied coldly.

“How do you know her name? Are you a demon that disguises itself as a human? I’m right, aren’t I? Surrender yourself, you evil demon!” Ecanus declared with one hand on his waist, while he used his other hand to point at Prince Clove. Garren and Foxy slapped their palms against their foreheads after hearing Ecanus’ words.

“Uh… No… I’m not a demon. I heard you talking earlier. If you tell me where she is, I will tell the guards to release the three of you.” I am sure they know her. Prince Clove was certain that they were lying to him. Why would they rip the posters that the kingdom’s guards posted?

Prince Clove was certain that every resident of the Haria Kingdom was aware of the kingdom’s rules, one of which was ripping posters. They broke one of the rules implemented by the kingdom, just because they were bored? Moreover, he was certain that they were speaking about Zerha earlier. It’s obvious that they are lying, especially with the way these two guys are responding to my questions, Prince Clove thought, referring to Garren and Ecanus.