Chapter 15 Did The Prince Turn Cold?

-Morning in Haria Castle-

“Clove?” Luke knocked on the door of the prince’s room. Prince Clove fixed his clothes first before he opened the door.

Luke frowned as he notice he was alone in the room and didn't see the attendant. “Where is your attendant?” he asked.

“I told him to leave since I don’t need him. I can get dressed on my own.” And it's not comfortable that someone I don't know will attend to me, Clove thought.

Luke sighed. “I notice that you seem a bit different. Are you really..…” Luke stared at him. Prince Clove suddenly got startled. Did he notice that I’m not the real prince?

“Are you really...nervous on your first day of hunting demons?”

“W-what?” Prince Clove was taken aback, he didn't expect Luke's question.

“Haha. I knew it, you are nervous, Clove. Naturally, you will feel nervous since it will be your first time hunting demons. But do not worry. You have my full support. Since you’ve decided to hunt demons, I am sure that you’ve realized that you can control your powers now. But to be honest, I am a little bit… just a little bit, okay? I...I do not trust that you think you can control your powers now! Are you sure you will start hunting demons now? Well, Denver is a genius kid. He will probably protect you. But remember the other day? Your power is too strong! I was not able to sleep last night, because I’m so worried about you---“ Clove suddenly cut him off. “Stop.” What is he, my mother? He keeps on nagging me. Well, I’m glad that he doesn’t notice that I am not the real prince. Zale thought.

“May I ask where the Moonlight Demon Hunters’ chambers are?”

“Ha! Can’t you tell that I am worried about you? Huhu you have changed… Let me accompany you to the Moonlight Guild. My nephew does not care about me anymore.” Said Luke, feeling so down. Clove just sighed about Luke's behavior.

As they entered the Moonlight Guild, demon hunters who saw Prince Clove stared at him
coldly or strangely and started talking badly about him.

“What is he doing here?”

“Don’t tell me he’s planning to join the Moonlight Guild?”

“You must be kidding. Him? How can a weakling join the Moonlight Guild?”

“Yeah, right.”

“Hey! Do you all think that we are deaf? How dare you speak---“ Luke wasn’t able to finish his sentence when Prince Clove cut him off.
“Don’t pay any attention to them,” Clove said coldly. Luke noticed that Clove’s face was
emotionless. Whenever he heard people talking about him, he usually lowered his head, paying
heed to every word he heard. At that moment, however, Luke could see that Clove had changed. Though Luke did not mind it and thought that Clove was merely becoming mature.

The hunters that kept talking about the prince suddenly felt afraid of Clove when he suddenly
glared at them as if he could kill any of them anytime. Tsk. Their stares are really annoying. Clove thought as he threw them a death glare.

When the hunters noticed that Clove and Luke were already far from them, they started talking about the prince again.

“W-why do I feel that Prince Clove is acting strange?”

“He never glares at us like that…”

“I got shivers…”

“Does he usually act like that? He’s being cold towards us...”

“Ha! What are you all spouting about? You are already scared just because he glared at you? Remember, he’s only an incompetent prince; he’s weak! He isn’t fit to be the next king!” A man grew angry at them. He despised the prince, and the other hunters felt the same.
“You are right.” But there are still hunters in Moonlight Guild that don't agree with them.