Chapter 14 The Captains

-Solar, the king’s private living room

Luke, the commander of demon hunters, knocked on the door of the king’s room.“Your Majesty, this is Luke. I have something to report.”

“Come in.”

Luke opened the door. “Your Majesty,” he greeted as he bowed his head.

“What is it?” The King asked.

Luke stood up straight. “I am sorry to report this to you, Your Majesty, but one of our most skilled demon hunters just died… It is Leo, Your Majesty,”

“What?” The king exclaimed in surprise.

“It is true. They encountered a strange demon when they were hunting demons in the
forbidden forest, Your Majesty.”

“A strange demon? Leo is a strong demon hunter. How strange that demon is that he can kill Leo.”

“The reports stated that the demon possesses a strange ability. Your Majesty, do you remember the big serpent inside the cave of the forbidden forest?”

“Yes. That beast has a venomous ability that can melt hard rocks. What about it?”

“The demon that killed Leo has the same ability as the serpent. She melted Leo, and not a single
bone of his was left. I asked Russ to check the memories of the hunters that saw the demon.
Here it is, Your Majesty.” Luke handed to the king the sketch that Russ made.

“What?” The evil residing inside the king frowned in confusion. How can a demon hold such an ability? I need to see what kind of demon she is. The shadow thought.

The king ordered Luke to hold a meeting and tell every captain of each group of demon hunters to meet in the meeting room.

“Yes, Your Majesty. I will take my leave now.” Said Luke and bowed before he leaves.

“How peculiar,” the king mumbled as he placed the sheet of paper on his table.

---

After Luke informed every captain in each Guild, he went to the courtyard to see if Prince Clove was still practicing. Upon arriving there, there was no one in sight. He usually practices around this time of the day. Where is Clove? Luke thought.

As Luke headed back inside, he spotted Prince Clove walking in the hallway. “Clove!” he called.

Who is he again? Right. From what I’ve seen in the prince’s memories, he is his uncle. He’s the one who’s close to the prince. His uncle always looks after him. He’s even the one who has been teaching him how to control his powers. I think he’s the only person I can trust in this place. Another thing I’ve noticed in the
prince’s memories is that the people here treat him with hostility; they perceive him as weak and incompetent. They don’t even treat him as an equal, even though he’s royalty and the heir to the throne. Zale thought.

“I went to the courtyard. I thought you were practicing. Where are you going?” Luke asked.

“I’m just roaming around the place.” I need to check the places and the people in the palace, Zale thought.

“Roaming around? Why?” Luke sighed. “Forget it. By the way, there is a meeting later. You should attend as well. You have the right to know what is happening around the Kingdom as the future king of Haria---“

“What is the meeting all about?”Zale asked.

“A-about the demon who killed Leo…”He's interested? Luke thought in confusion.

Demon? I need to gather information about these demons. Grandma said that we need to defeat the devil so that Zerha can return to our world. Zale thought.