Chapter 26 Let's learn about my abilities!

...

"If you don't answer my question honestly, know that I am ready to devour your soul anytime. So, tell me, where the hell did you come from?"

W-why is she so serious?! "I-I already told you. I came from another world."

"What world? What kind of world?"

Looks like I should just tell her that I got reincarnated, and was a human in my past life. I was planning to keep it a secret from her, sigh.

"I came from the modern world."

"Modern world...?"

"As expected, you don't know the modern world. The modern world is where I came from. It's a world without magical powers, although we have smart people like scientists, doctors, and so on. We don't use magical items but we have advanced technologies..."

Huh? Scientists? Doctors? Technologies? Alice was confused. It was her first time hearing those words.

"It's where modern people or should I say modern humans live." Zerha sighed. "To tell you the truth, this is my second life. I got reincarnated. I was a human back then. I died because I save a child that was about to be hit by a truck..."

Truck?

"And now you see, I got reincarnated and became a demon. As much as I want to go back there, I can't anymore. It's impossible..." Dejection was creeping back into Zerha's heart.

"Saving a child? Pffft! Are you trying to become a hero?" Alice broke into laughter.

"Why the f*ck are you laughing? What matters now is that the child is safe and I have a second life!" Zerha's sadness was quickly replaced by annoyance.

"Pffft! Hilarious! Do you think I believe that? You? Saving a kid? Looking back on how ruthless you were while killing those demons?"

"I did save the kid! And if I didn't kill those demons, there's no doubt they would target other innocent people!"

"Anyways, that explains why you don't know how things work in this world, especially being a demon."

"Yeah."

"So, may I know what abilities you have now?"

"Oh. I can make this..." Zerha let out small threads in her hands, forming a little spider web. "I can make this as well..." Zerha threw some venom on a small rock, and it melted. "And the last one is healing powers."

"Perhaps it is only normal that your abilities are unique, since you got reincarnated, though where did I see that venom again?" Alice asked, trying to remember when did she saw it.

"It's from the serpent. You said you're the one who killed it, right?"

"Ah! So did you get that ability from the serpent? Or did you have that ability from the very start?"

"The venom? I don't think so. When I fought that big spider, I suddenly wanted to have venom from the serpent to melt its threads and I successfully created it..."

"Hmm... And then, I assume those threads you're using right now are from the spider you defeated in the cave?"

"Yes."

"Let me think... Oooh! Then maybe you can steal someone's ability?" Alice remarked excitedly, even though she felt sleepy all of a sudden.

"Did I steal it? We can't know if I stole it since they're already dead." Zerha was thinking that they didn't have proof that she stole their abilities. If those beasts were still alive, they could check if they were still capable of using their abilities again after what Zerha did. If not, then Zerha did indeed steal their abilities.