Chapter 28 Momo My Savior!

“What kind of drink is this? This is not beer since it's black. Is this some kind of wine?” The demon asked, referring to the coke.

“No, that is not wine. That is called a soft drink. It's a non-alcoholic beverage."

“It tastes sweet. Where did you buy it? The food is delicious, too.”

“Oh, uh... I bought it from a faraway place as I told you earlier." 

“Ooh, where it is? I want to go there!" 

“Even if we know the place, we wouldn’t be able to go there since we don't have money!" One of the other demons said as he hit his friend’s head.

“Ouch! But you don't have to hit me!" He pouted." Hmm? Ah, I think I forgot to tell you guys something important."

The other two frowned. What could he tell that is important?

“What is it? Don't tell us your usual nonsense."

“What? When did I even tell you nonsense?!” He suddenly grew angry, though the look on his face was cute.

“Yeah, yeah. You’ve never done so. So what is it?”

“Hmm, let me remember what it is… Hmm…” He thought for a moment.

Upon glancing at Zerha, he noticed a speck of blood on her robe, and that was when he remembered something.

“Aha! I remember it now! You see, I don't think you noticed this earlier since you were so busy fighting the guards. I saw a lot of blood on my way..." 

“What? Blood?"

“Yes. It's not far from where you were fighting, and what frightens me the most was that there were a lot of bodies being torn apart. Ah, no. Specifically, their bodies were cut into pieces!!" He replied as his face turned pale.

Zerha was startled at these words. I forgot to dispose of the bodies… Wait, saying this is a bit—I feel like I'm a crazy murderer... 

“Their bodies were cut into pieces?”

“Are you sure what you saw? You're not making it up?"

“Of course!”

“That's brutal... Who would even do that? I don't see any other demon, except us in the for...est...”

Suddenly, they turn their gazes at Zerha, realizing that she was also in the forest. Simultaneously, they had the same thought.What if he’s the one who killed them? Seeing there are blood stains on his robe…

“W-why are you all looking at me?"

Sh*t, they’re going to find out that I was the one who did it, Zerha thought nervously. She didn’t want them to know; she didn’t want them to be afraid of her.

“I don't think he's the one behind those killings..."

“Yeah. If he were, our bodies would already be cut into pieces, too.”

“Yes! Yes! I agree, he even gave us food!" 

Phew. Looks like they don't suspect me anymore.

“Hey, I'm planning to escape later. Do you want to escape with me?" Zerha asked the three demons.

I should continue finding Alice's body so that she won't be inside my body anymore. Speaking of Alice, she hasn't woken up yet. 

“Are you insane?!”

Zerha was startled when one of the thieves shouted.

“W-What?"