Chapter 3 Garren

Zerha was walking dejectedly. She was pondering on the possible reasons she got reincarnated.

To be honest, I’m okay with the fact that I got reincarnated. Maybe there’s a reason for this. Maybe God has given me a second chance to live in this world. But why did I reincarnate in this place full of monsters?

As Zerha wandered around the place in search of a way out of the cave, she discovered various
kinds of magical treasures. Though she didn’t know that they were magical yet, she collected
everything that she saw without hesitation and put them inside her backpack.

I don’t really know why I suddenly developed an interest in these things, and I don’t really know what kinds of things these are. But whenever I see things that are new to me, I will collect them! Mwehehe maybe these things cost a fortune! If I sell them, I’ll be rich! Wahaha!

Zerha was collecting a variety of magical stones, metals, and materials. She was in the middle of doing this when she suddenly heard the sound of agonizing moans.

Zerha walked in the direction from where the sound came.

Upon finding out what was causing the sound, she quickly hid in a corner.

Sh*t! Sh*t! Sh*t! A-a big black dragon! It’s bigger than the one earlier! Why did I follow that sound in the first place?!

Zerha heard the howling sound again. She sneaked a peek and noticed that the dragon was in pain. She got a closer look and saw the severe wound on the dragon’s chest. The dragon was in
critical condition. Zerha suddenly pitied the dragon and wanted to help it.

I want to help it, but how? If only I had healing po---yes! If I had a healing ability just like the dragon I fought earlier, maybe I can help it!

Closing her eyes, Zerha felt the power in her body and imagined the dragon’s healing power,
believing that she could attain it. When Zerha started to feel something that she did not feel
before, she approached the dragon and placed her palm on the dragon’s chest. Upon noticing
Zerha, the dragon got ready to attack her, though it stopped when it heard the word ‘heal’.

After Zerha uttered the word ‘heal’, a bright light came out from her palm. A second later, the light vanished, and the dragon’s wound was healed.

“RAWR!”

I'm so dumb! Why didn’t I think that if I heal its wound, it will attack me?! Oh no! Please, no! I just healed you; don’t kill me!

The dragon shifted its gaze to Zerha, who avoided making eye contact with it while trembling in fear.

“Please don’t be scared of me.”

Huh? Who’s talking? Zerha looked around to see if anybody else was around, only to find that the dragon was the only one there with her.

F**k. Don’t tell me the dragon is talking?

“I will not hurt you.”

Wha...what the f**k!! I-I'm right!! The dragon is t-t-talking! I'm just hearing things, right? Right...?

"I thank you for healing my wound."

What? Did it just say thank you? Maybe it is not a bad dragon like the one that I fought earlier...Whew! That’s a good thing, because this creature is too big!

“Ah, you’re welcome? Ha-ha.” Zerha said, letting out a fake laugh.

“Please allow me to be your guardian. I promise I will protect you even if it costs my life.” The
dragon said reverently.