Chapter 23 She doesn't know I'm the Prince?

...

Prince Morloch surrounded Zerha with his dark magic so that the king would not sense her magical power. He was one of the demons that were good at sensing how strong magical power one held.

"Did you see a suspicious demon, Morloch?" The King asked as he glances inside his room.

"I have not seen anyone suspicious, Your Highness."

Huh? He didn't tell the King that I'm here? Zerha got confused.

"I see..." He uttered.

Coldly, the Prince asks. "Is there anything else, Your Highness?"

The king felt slightly suspicious of the prince, though he let it pass. Instead, he reminded him.

"That demon is strong. If you find any suspicious demon, don't hesitate to kill him." The king emits a dark aura, and Zerha gulped in fear as she notice it. "That's all, I will take my leave now."

After the king left, Zerha sighed in relief. She thought she would meet her end.

Zerha get out from where she was hiding, and she tilted her head while looking at the Prince inquisitively. Why did he do that? He will be in trouble if the king finds out that he's lying, right? Zerha thought.

"What are you still doing here? Leave."

"A-alright... Thank you by the way. Goodbye." Zerha stepped outside the window, though she suddenly felt dizzy while looking down. It's this high? Well, if I already climbed up here, I can also climb down! It will be a piece of cake! She tried to motivate herself, though she was trembling while looking at how high she was from the ground. Why didn't I notice earlier that this was too high?! She thought and took a deep breath. I can do it! She gulped and slowly reached the vine that was stuck to the wall. She grasped it. She tried to pull it several times to make sure that it would not snap. When she felt that it was strong, she started to step out the window while holding the vine, but as she stepped another foot on the edge, she suddenly slipped.

"Ahhh---" She quickly covered her mouth with her left hand. That scared me, I hope no one heard me. I almost fall to the ground, good thing the vine I was holding didn't sn...ap. That was what she thought but the vine she was holding now suddenly snapped. "Ah, f***k," she uttered pathetically.

Meanwhile, the prince who was glancing at her sighed in disbelief. He couldn't believe that someone like her was strong as the king said.

Zerha felt as if her whole world turned into slow motion. She shut her eyes and thought that she was going to die from the fall...

No!

No!

No...

Huh? Why I haven't fallen to the ground yet? When she didn't feel anything, Zerha slowly opened her eyes, suddenly she was met by a pair of red eyes staring right through hers, shining like ruby stones.

Wait, who is this?

He caught Zerha from the fall and slowly flew her to the ground.

"...Thank you..." She said after he placed her on the ground.

"For a thief, you surely are clumsy."

Zerha frowned. "I'm not a thief!..." Zerha suddenly realizes that his voice sounded familiar. "Wait, are you that demon from that room?" I can see his face now because of the light coming from the moon...how handsome...
Zerha was mesmerized of the man's facial features as the moonlight's beam on his face.