Chapter 25 I will not let you rob me!

....

I should head back to the Haria Kingdom now... Ah, wait, I should try to find Alice's body first. Zerha fixed her hood and bought food from the inn for the three little wolves. 

“You're leaving already, dear guest?" the owner asked as he gave the bag of food to Zerha.

“Ah, yes. Thank you." She handed him the coins.

“Of course, you are welcome here anytime, dear guest." 

Zerha nodded at him, and the owner bid her goodbye.

“Where are you going?" Alice frowned.

“I will try to find your body."

“Hah! You want me to leave your body that badly, huh?"

“Who wouldn't? You keep threatening my precious soul!"

“Tsk. Are you sure you want to go alone? What if you encounter a dangerous demon while looking for my body?”

“They probably won't hurt me. I’m a fellow demon, right?" 

“If you say so..." 

Right, they wouldn't hurt me. So, where do I start? It’s already been 99,999 years since she died. Where could her body be? Maybe they threw or buried her body in the forest of the Demon Kingdom? Alright! Let me begin my search there! Zerha thought.

“Alice, if we are close to your body, can you feel it? I mean, can you sense your body or something?" Because if they buried it somewhere, I’m not insane to dig the whole forest just to find it.

“Ah, yes. I almost forgot. I'll put a spell on you. Your skin will glow purple if my body is nearby.”

Zerha suddenly felt something inside her. It was a strong magical power.

She suddenly stumbled; she barely stood the spell that was cast on her. Tsk. I have a weak body, so I should start working out soon. she thought.

....

The forest she was heading to was merely beside the castle of the Demon Kingdom. As she walked, she felt as if someone was following her. She didn't mind it, thinking that it was merely a figment of her imagination, and continued walking. 

This is far enough. I don't see demons anywhere. She thought, and the three little wolves removed their invisibility. Zerha opened the bag and gave them food.

“Woof!" They barked at her and started to lick her face.

Zerha laughed. “Okay, okay! You're welcome, now eat. Ah, my heart! They are so cute, especially you, Sushi. Do you miss Sage? I miss him, too."

Zerha notices something from the three. "Hm? Did you guys get, bigger?” 

Though she ignored it and thought that maybe it was only natural since they are still cubs and growing.

While she was watching them eat, she suddenly heard a noise from the bushes. 

“Guys! Turn invisible while you’re eating. I think someone is here." Zerha whispered to them. The wolves understood her and turned invisible.

“Hey!" 

Zerha turned around to see who called her. And saw five demons approaching her.

“She's alone. I remember there were two of them." 

“Oh, you mean the demon guy with her earlier? I heard him. He said he's going back to his home." 

What? He was eavesdropping on us earlier?! How rude!