Chapter 30 Explore inside the demon castle

“Here is your room,” The prince said as he opened the door of a room. It was a spacious room. Except for the queen-size bed and a cabinet, it was nearly empty. There were no other things displayed inside.

“My room is beside yours. Your work will begin tomorrow morning. You need to attend to me."

Zerha was startled.“A-attend? I'll become your attendant?!"

“Not just only my attendant, my servant as well." 

“Personal servant? Aren't you a slave?”

What? How did she come up with that thought? “I’m not a slave. I’m the captain of demon knights…”

“Ooh, that explains why that demon knight earlier followed your orders!" She pauses for a moment then mumbles. "Do demon knights in this world need to have a personal maid?”

“What?”

“Wait, isn’t it too much to become your maid? Can I just pay you with money or something?” Zerha pouted.

“I do not need anything else. I only need a personal servant.”

“Fine. How long?”

The prince smiled, and Zerha was captivated all of a sudden.

Whoa. Why doesn’t he smile more often? It suits him. She thought.

“Just a week. You do not have to attend to or deliver my meals like a maid usually does. I only want you to run errands for me.”

“I think that is more tiring..…” Zerha drooped.

She looks like a puppy, the prince thought. “Knock on my door tomorrow morning. I will tell you the details tomorrow.” He told Zerha and left.

“Wait—” Zerha wanted to ask more, though the prince vanished quickly.

Looks like I don’t have any choice. It’s only gonna be for a week tho, so I can endure it… I wonder what kind of errands he wants me to do...She thought.

She stepped inside the room and closed the door. The three wolves removed their invisibility and started to play and run around the room. Zerha merely let them be. She sat on the bed while watching the wolves. Then suddenly she realized that Alice was the former queen of the Demon Kingdom. Maybe her body is inside the castle?

“Hey, Alice… Alice… Alice, wake up!”

Alice abruptly woke up. She was surprised by Zerha’s yell.

“You don’t have to shout!”

“At last you’re awake. Is it possible that your body is inside the castle of the Demon Kingdom? Since you are the past demon queen, right?”

“Ah! Yes! It might be possible! However, I am no longer familiar with the places inside this castle, since they changed the structures.”

“This is an opportunity to find your body. But anyway, you fell asleep, is it because you used your power to lift the spell? It made you tired?”

Opportunity? Alice was puzzled.

“I do not know why. I only used a few of my powers, but I suddenly passed out. It feels as if, every time I use my powers, something is absorbing them. Just like last time, when we were at the cave.”

“Absorbing your powers? What could it be?"

“I do not know.”

“That’s a problem. If I get into trouble again, you won’t be able to help me!” Zerha suddenly felt nervous.