10. {bonfire party}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

everyone was gathered in front of beacon hills high school, waiting for the bonfire to be lit up. moonee, liam, franchie and mason were sitting together on a bench, talking.

"any plans for tonight, moonee?" mason asked the girl.

franchie grinned and put both hands on the girl's shoulder. "moo here, is going to find someone to kiss before the night ends."

"why?" liam asked.

"why, dunbar?" moonee repeated in a mocking tone, "because it's exciting."

"sounds like fun." mason nodded, "i'd like a report by the end of the night."

"thousand word essay?" moonee joked.

"thousand and five hundred would be suffice." mason corrected.

"you got it, mase." moonee grinned.

before someone had a chance to talk again, the whole area went silent. moonee averted her gaze to a boy walking over with a large fire stick. he placed the flame in the structure and the party immediately began.

"the party has started, moon." franchie grinned, "go find your true love."

everyone was yelling over the music, dancing around and waving their alcohol around.

"true love?" liam raised his eyebrow.

moonee gave him a look, "and what about it?"

"nothing." he shook his head.

"moonee, you aren't going anywhere without a drink." mason said to her. he took the brown paper bag from liam's hands and passed it to her.

"her brother is right over there." franchie reminded them.

"he won't mind, as long as i keep to a minimum." moonee explained before taking a whiff of the bag, "underage drinking is a no-no, dunbar."

liam watched in confusion as she downed some of his drink, "that's why we were going to mix it with coke."

"cocaine?" moonee gasped, making fran and mason chuckle, "even worse."

unfortunately, liam didn't seem amused by her joke. he gave her a bored look and pulled out his coca cola bottle.

"sorry." she held her hands up in surrender, "i should get going, i can already feel it in my system."

"already?"

"she's a lightweight." franchie muttered to them.

"and, i may have already had a few sips of alcohol before we came here." moonee confessed, "that's not important. true love awaits!"