♕ 1 | 0 | 4 ♕

Act 2 Chapter 104JAYLAH

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Act 2 Chapter 104
JAYLAH

The Kalingi wanted Jaylah's head on a pike. The delegates from the Southern Isles had reached their homeland, and word got back to Jaylah that their people were furious. Well, the Kalingi were always filled with fury where Oceana was concerned, only this slight was a spark thrown into a vat of oil. They only needed a push to get their people riled for another war, and Jaylah had given it to them on a silver platter.

The threat of a third Kalingi war had hung over her head ever since she was born. Her father sent her to the Navrikan lines as a young child to gain military experience for the inevitable attack. It was coming, they just never knew when.

But Jaylah did not want war. She saw what it had done to the returning veterans, to Alexander, to the thousands of orphans scattered along the coast. It had been the nail in the coffin of her father's violent insanity. She could not follow in his footsteps. She needed a contingency plan.

Her first step was sending in spies that would infiltrate the Kalingi capital, as well as several military cities near the coast. They had the necessary paperwork and identification to help them remain covert for as long as they needed. She had also rooted out traitors to the Kalingi crown and made sure they would be the ones to intercept her spies to let them in. Once they were there, their main objective was to move up the Kalingi ranks, to become more and more integral to their allotted operations. They would regularly send her information on the Kalingi advancements in weaponry, their soldiers' training regimens, the moves their leader planned to make. And once she had what she wanted, they were going to wreak as much havoc as they could, aiming to implode the entire system.

They were already gone, having set sail for Fas Kaling first thing that morning. It did little to ease her worry. She needed more than an alarm to blare when the Kalingi took to arms at last. She needed enough firepower to force them away from her land forever.

That was why she and Klymene rode through the city that same afternoon to a contact of Klymene's who she knew as a former student from the university. "Vaso has one of the most brilliant minds I have ever seen," she promised. "If anyone will do the trick, it is him."

Wanting to arrive before the sun started to set, Jaylah urged Thyros to a canter. Given her hectic schedule, she was able to ride barely once a week, and the stable hands had to sedate him when they took him out for exercise. He threw back his head in glee, dark mane tossed to the air. His heavy hooves thundered over the stones of a bridge, overriding the rush of the river below.

They were at the easternmost corner of Naxaros, which was populated by waterways that smelled of the ocean. Small skiffs rolled gently down the torrents between city blocks. Beyond them stood huge series of arches descending from a massive military academy that boasted countless flapping slate banners. The higher they went, the more the city expanded into a leisurely downward slope. It was such a beautiful bone white with random blue accents that matched the sea not far past.

KINGSLAYERजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें