♕ Postliminaries | Author's Note ♕

Hello you few lucky people who made it all the way through this incredibly long book,

I am writing this at least a year before anyone will ever even read the ending, but I cannot wait for you to experience the pain and grief and pity that I feel for Jaylah in this moment. What a heart-wrenchingly ironic ending, huh? Most of the time I see myself as a writer who still has so much to learn and improve on, but right now I'm feeling like a literary genius.

I'm really pleased with myself; I've cried at least ten times while writing this second book, but I stayed strong and my eyes were dry even as my poor, poor stupid child solidified her naïve quest for power in the last moments even while I know it will be her end. I love her, but man is she a complete and utter mess.

When it sets in that Alexander's story is basically done too, I will definitely be sucked into a depressive spiral. I got that boy absolutely dragged through the mud with problems I (and I'm sure others here) can deeply resonate with, and to see him finally decide he wants to feel better despite them gives me hope even if he is a figment of my own imagination. May we all grow to have that kind of love for ourselves.

This is kind of a sad moment because the next series I'm writing won't be posted on here, so this is like my official divorce from Wattpad. We had kind of a rough relationship anyway. But I will be sad to not update each week and laugh at bizarre comments. I mean, I'm not dying, I'll still be here. Just not updating anything new again.

Unless my plan to publish falls through and I eat my words and shamefully shuffle back to updating. Haha.

Publishing is the dream, but even if it doesn't work out, this experience was more than enough. I want to thank anyone who's reading this now, or even just anyone who read a chapter or two. It's still mind-blowing to me that I get to write about these fake people that I love, and in exchange I've gotten friends who love them as dearly as I do. If not more, somehow. I would still write if I had no audience, but your comments and genuine kindness make all the time and effort beyond worth it. I love you,

Rachel

( P.S. I'll do a little extras chapter like I did with my other series, so if you have any questions regarding the characters, the writing process, anything weird you can think up, ask them here and I will answer hee hee )