♕ Preliminaries | Story Information ♕

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

K I N G S L A Y E R

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

I. Synopsis

It's the beginning of a new age when Jaylah Imperatrix seemingly returns from the dead to reclaim her throne. And in perfect timing.

In her absence, evil has begun to rise. Ruthless and bloodthirsty Seifer Daggen will stop at nothing until he usurps the Oceanic throne. He is also relentless in his plans to eradicate Jaylah before she finds him and attempts to end his life.

With the help of mercenary Alexander Khan—whose alliance is terrifyingly unclear—Jaylah may have a chance to save her nation from the rapidly growing threat.

Jaylah soon finds that her assassin partner can stir up suspicion in her just as easily as he can make her cold heart feel things she's never felt before. But the shakily allied Alexander is not her only concern. The Queen must travel to distant lands, build her court, face an unknown deceiver and realize who she truly is before quenching the fire of revenge in her heart.

Her throne, people, and life depend on it. The crown can be a bloody burden to carry.

II. Author's Note

First of all, I simply wanted to thank you for giving my book a chance. I couldn't have gone anywhere with this story without any of my readers, and I'm eternally grateful for each and every one of you. Every read, comment and vote is appreciated.

Second, this book is as dark as my other works. There is some graphic content that may not be suitable for younger readers. I suggest a 14+ age limit.

As is usual for all my books, I would recommend for you to set the background color as black to match the general feel and aesthetic of the story.

I always encourage comments—the more, the better. I like to feel connected to my readers and see what they're thinking of the story.

The one thing I ask of you is to think before you seriously comment anything negative. These characters mean the world to me, and it's disheartening to see them nit-picked just for the sake of nit-picking. I do appreciate constructive criticism where it's due, but remember that I am another human that reads the negative comments. This is a first draft. I've done my best to make it as professional as possible, but I'm sure it won't be 100% smooth the first time around. I hope you can understand.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to read this story. I sincerely hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it.

III. Reminder

This story is consisted of two parts, both of which are technically separate books with their own beginnings, plot arcs and climaxes. The second part is the sequel to the first, simply placed inside the same Wattpad book. They must be read in order.

IV. Update Schedule

As of 17 July 2020, I update every Friday at 2pm Pacific Standard Time.

V. Warnings

mature & dark themes
murder
alcohol consumption
warfare
semi-graphic content
profanity
mental health issues