Volume 10: Chapter 5 - "Date with the Noble Mage"

"Date with the Noble Mage"
~•-•~

Part 1

Angellica, who had just woken up from her slumber in this late hour at noon, stretched her arms up and groaned as she laid down on her cerulean sheets. The mage, wearing her black, sleeveless top and tight shorts rubbed her eyes, obviously still affected by the wild party from yesterday.

"Ah... I overslept. I don't remember drinking that much yesterday, but for some reason, my head hurts more than usual..."

Angellica looked at the magical hourglass on the drawer next to her bed; an Ischyosian hourglass with Elven dust inside to tell the time, only to confirm that it was indeed lunchtime.

The mage was in her groggy trance when all of the sudden, three knocks came from her oakwood door, before all of the sudden, I, the great Aoki Kaito came into her room with a lively smile, accompanied by a tray of fine delicacies.

"Angellica! Hey, you're finally up!"

The noble girl yelped at my sudden intrusion. She quickly covered her body with her blue blankets that had a few embroidered designs of chibi Death Panthers laced on the edges. Her silver hair, usually tied up in a ponytail, was let down freely at the moment. Blushing, she exclaimed:

"W-w-what are you doing here, Kaito?! I-I already told you before never to enter my room without warning like that! And what are those...?"

With a thumbs up and my signature heart-snatching grin, I walked towards Angellica so she could further examine the tray. Freshly sitting on top of it were a slice of blueberry cheesecake, a plate of spaghetti, three pieces of strawberry cookies, and a glass of lemonade.

I chuckled.

"These are food from my previous world, and they are but the most scrumptious of cuisine, at least, of what I'm capable of cooking, that is... Ehe, I decided to make some for you!"

Angellica curiously picked up one of the cookies. Examining it carefully, she glared at me with suspicious yellow eyes.

"Aish, you could've at least let me get out of bed first... And isn't it a bit mighty for you to use the daughter of the noblest family as a taste tester, Kaito?"

The mage suddenly jerked her shoulders up in surprise when I patted her head and smiled at her.

"Well, I simply wanted to make you feel special today."

Angellica's cheeks reddened up in reaction, her face similar to the bright pink pastry in her hand. Bashfully, she shifted her gaze away from me and back to the cookie in her trembling grasp.

"I-I-I see... Well, if that's the case, then who am I to decline...? This doesn't look half bad..."

Carefully, the mage took a bite out of the cookie, when all of the sudden, her face lit up. I laughed, assuming the obvious that she liked my cooking.

"Well?"

Angellica, with her starlit eyes looking at me, enthusiastically pointed at the cookie in her hand.

"T-t-t-this tastes marvelous! I love it very much!"

"Wouldn't you much rather say that you love it berry much...?"

Angellica's eyes quickly reverted back to normal as she quickly looked away from me, pouting in embarrassment.

"I-it's only funny when I do it..."