Volume 7: Chapter 2 - "The Oranean Shadow"

~~Chapter 2~~
"The Oranean Shadow"

~•-•~

Part 1

Part 1

The blue haired ex-Tartaros member stood before our table, shaking in visible embarrassment.

What the hell...? What the heck is she doing here? Why is she wearing a waitress outfit? And why does she look so hot wearing it?!

I sat on my chair with my eyebags wrinkled, mixed feelings cluttering in my chest.

"I-I have a few questions..."

I slowly raised my hand, in which the tomato red Galleon nodded to in reply.

"Why are you a waitress in our guild...?"

Responding to my question, the waitress took a nervous gulp down her throat.

"I-I initially planned to reregister as an adventurer here, but then, as the crystal ball examined my stats..."

The Tartaros waitress raised her adventurer ID up, revealing her stats. Average stats littered the card, but the big red "F" on her speed stat captured my attention.

The stunned Angellica blew a raspberry upon seeing Galleon's grade.

"A-an assassin with a speed of F... That's just cute, Galleon."

I smacked the hypocritical mage on the forehead because of her comment.

"I don't want to hear that from a mage with a mana stat of F."

Angellica's tears began to form because of my blunt yet painful remark. She pouted at me with a distressed blush.

"Y-you didn't have to bring that up, you freaking bully!"

While I once again ignored the hypocritical mage, Fram spoke up from the opposite side of the table while she allowed Infernia to rest on top of her head.

"That's because of the corruption magic. It's the price for us to pay for being purified. Angellica, Samantha and I have also had our strongest stats lowered."

Upon his name being mentioned, Samantha groggily rose his head from the table. With a yawn, he peeked at Galleon.

"Ah? Oh, hi Galleon-chan..."

After a few blinks, his eyes darted wide open.

"Eh?! Galleon-chan?! What are you doing here?! Why are you wearing that slutty maid outfit?!"

Galleon grew red at Samantha's remarks and stomped her feet violently on the guild's wooden floor.

"D-don't call it that! With my greatest speed cut drastically, I'm unable to perform any adventure work!"