Volume 3: Chapter 5 - "The Little Sister"

~~Chapter 5~~
"The Little Sister"

Part 1

"One more time! Sparkling Fantasy!"

"Whoa! Amazing, Angellica-sama!"

"As expected of the number one mage in Ischyos!"

These adventurers were ridiculously easy to please. This was like the fiftieth time Angellica used that spell in her magic tricks here at the guild, yet for some reason these guys are always left breathless after every show.

It was pointless to wonder about these kinds of things so I turned to Agame and Sana who were accompanying me at one of the guildhall's tables.

"Hey, did Fram say anything about when she's coming back?"

I asked Sana who was happily smiling while watching the archer loli beside her eat her turkey leg. The blonde just shook her head in response.

"No, but she did say that she wasn't gonna be gone for long, though."

Sana explained.

"Ah. Wait, Agame, are you using Sana's money again? What did I tell you about this matter?"

I scolded the archer loli, but all she did was stick a tongue out at me, which ticked me off. It was the blonde who defended her though.

"Don't worry, Kaito-kun. I'm spending on my own free will."

"That free will of yours is going to be the death of you."

To be honest, I didn't really mind if Fram wasn't home yet. It's just that she's usually the one responsible of the resort house's security. Without her, it's a bigger risk for us to all leave the house, especially since I've got a lot of valuables in there.

Worrying about this, I stood up from my chair.

"It's dangerous to leave the house unattended, so I'm heading home first."

"Oh, really? Ah wait, I almost forgot!"

What Sana suddenly shouted out got my attention before I could leave. I watched her with a confused look while she skimmed through the interior of her purse.

"You're gonna pass by the marketplace right? Can you please bring this money to the old merchant man by the plaza fountain?"

In the blonde's hand was a pouch of coins.

"Hm? Sure, but what exactly are you paying him for?"

"These!"

What Sana held in her other palm left me frozen.

Three oval-shaped brown seeds were sitting on Sana's hand, looking as plain as ever.

Even Agame was speechless.

Seeds.. She bought seeds? What the hell for?

"Sana.. What are these?"

"The nice old merchant man sold me these seeds for 100,000 each! Don't be fooled, these are magical seeds! The man explained that if tended well, these seeds are gonna grow into something magical that would definitely bring fortune to the one who planted it!"