Volume 4: Chapter 3 - "The Caravan"

~~Chapter 3~~

"The Caravan"

Part 1

"Angelic Flurry!"

As our own mage's voice chanted out this spell, a white beam of shining light went flying out from her palms. The beam was glistening bright and had clean white feathers surrounding it as it bolted straight towards Sana, who had braced her arms to defend against the magical attack.

"Wh-whoa!"

Due to the immense pressure that was being emitted by the powerful spell, I was knocked to the ground even though I was a good amount of feet away from the two.

Angellica's mana is crap, but her magic power is surely impressive. Atop that, she also knows a hundred spells, making her completely versatile and useful in most situations. If the attention whore manages to keep her mana healthy, that is.

Although Angellica's magic power was towering high, I should give the blonde in front of her credit as well. She managed to defend the blast like it was nothing! Not a dent was left on her arms as well! Even though it pains me to say it, she is on a whole new level. I guess all the things Macy-san and the crystal ball said was true. She really is capable of defeating Hanzo.

"Kaito? Why does it look like you're about to throw up? What's the matter?"

"I-it's nothing."

I replied to Agame beside me.

It just makes me sick, admitting those words.

"Those two really are strong aren't they? Fufu, I guess that's only to be expected. It is a requirement for my team members to be on my skill level in order to stay in my party."

"..the support says."

Ignoring Agame's attempt to stir up my anger, I shifted my attention back to Sana and Angellica's practice match. Both girls were staring each other down, waiting for the perfect time to make a move, I assume. I took the opportunity to evaluate the both of them carefully.

Though she hasn't made it obvious, Angellica had drastically lost the confidence she used to always mask herself with in Bane of Tartaros. She's still acting proud, sure, but I could definitely see the difference. Because of the corruption magic, she can only use two to three spells a day before exhausting herself or being forced to have her mana restored by me. When in a one on one battle, she needs to think of the perfect spell to use in order to minimize mana usage. Angellica may be a tool, but she is smart when it comes to things like this. She knows of the predicament she's in.