Volume 8: Chapter 7 - "The Harem Protagonist"

~~Chapter 7~~
"The Harem Protagonist"

~•-•~

Part 1

"A-Angellica... Don't tell me you're also..."

I bit my lip as Agame and I both looked up at the rooftop in horror. Looking down on us with a menacing, pink glare was a smirking Angellica. Her white and blue winter coat was flowing with the wind, and with the heart-shaped moon behind her, her presence was truly one to be scared of.

... In other circumstances.

"Oh, it's just Angellica. Come on, Agame, let's go."

"Eh?! Wait, shouldn't you be terrified of me right now, you damn support?!"

As the archer loli and I started to casually waltz away from the area, the mage on the rooftop began to point at us in frustration. Agame and I simply shot a few emotionless blinks at Angellica as we looked back at her.

"You're Angellica, Angellica. That fact alone is enough for us to just shrug you off."

"Th-that's a horrible thing for you to say, Agame! People should cower at the presence of the great Divine Wizard!"

Nevertheless, we continued to ignore the mage, and continued to walk down the snowy path towards the gates of the village.

That was when...

"Lightning Strike!"

And there's my cue.

With my awesome, ultra, mega, fast reflexes, I managed to create a Mana Shield around Agame and I before the blue bolt of lightning struck us. With a mocking, curved up crevice on my smirk, I turned back to the mage.

"See? And that's all your mana depleted. You're our beloved teammate, Angellica, so expect us to know your weaknesses and—"

"Lightning Strike! Lightning Strike! Lightning Strike!"

W-what in the world?!

I was this close to being turned into an Aoki Barbeque if it weren't for my reflexes of putting up another Mana Shield. I was not expecting more barrages of attacks from Angellica! Judging from Agame's scream from beside me, I could tell that she wasn't prepared for that either.

"Oh no, what's that terrified look on your face, Kaito-san? Agame-san? What was that whole thing about 'shrugging me off', hm?"

"W-what happened to you, Angellica?! How are you able to use your magic freely like that?!"

As Agame slowly stepped back saying this, I bit my lip.

"This must be because of Yuria's Love Mist. Perhaps the aphrodisiacs are tampering with Angellica's mana, allowing her to use spells before she was purified. This is why Yuria is the best girl in Bane of Tartaros! Her magic is so awesome!"

"Excuse me? Your girlfriend is literally right here, next to you."

Agame attempted to snap me out of my dazzled trance by shaking me from side to side, but what really snapped me out of my daze was the sudden sight of Angellica sprouting glowing, white wings from her back. Using these wide wings, she fluttered down to the snowy ground, landing right in front of us.

"Girlfriend? What is this child yapping about, Kaito?"

"O-oh, uh, you see—"

Every part of me stiffened when I felt my hand being locked into Agame's. She was holding me with the warmth of her mittens.