Volume 9: Chapter 4 - "There's an Impostor Among Us"

~~Chapter 4~~
"There's an Impostor Among Us"

~•-•~

Part 1

Sitting in the middle of the vignette of a dimly lit room where one could only make out the crimson stone tiles on the ground was Samantha. The elf was on the ground, his body trembling.

"Where am I...?"

Samantha weakly lifted his face from the cold floor, revealing the shocking fact that his eyes were now back to the combination of a striking black and red.

He began to look around him, but could only see darkness. That was when all of the sudden, a voice called out to him. This voice was familiar to him. It was smooth and deep. One would describe it as soothing, yet chilling at the same time.

"Samantha. Welcome back."

The elf's eyebrows raised up high, as the room was quickly lit up by a large, crystal chandelier in the ceiling.

Sitting on his crimson and golden throne was Hanzo, the King of Hell himself, a friendly grin plastered on his face.

"H-Hanzo-sama... Guh!"

Immediately upon seeing Hanzo, the elf was quick to blush. However, all of the sudden, he began to feel a strong pain in his head.

That was when the red-haired commander of the heads of Tartaros emerged from behind Hanzo's throne. Walking beside him, she crossed her arms.

"I guess it can't be helped for you to feel pain. You were being corrupted by that Kaito's magic, so Hanzo-sama here had to cleanse you to return you back to your normal state."

Hearing this from the serious Lucy, Samantha bit his lip as he held his head in agony.

"C-corruption?"

Lucy nodded in response.

"Indeed. That Aoki Kaito, according to our liege, Hanzo-sama, has been using corrupting magic on you, as well as the unfortunate Yuria, Galleon, Fram and Angellica. Hanzo-sama was kind enough to free of your suffering and wake you back up to your normal state."

Samantha, breathing heavily on the ground, began to sweat in reaction.

"Ah... I-I..."

However, as the elf princess was panting violently, another figure emerged from the doors that had opened behind him.

Stepping inside the room was a tall woman. Donning short, shoulder-length, white hair, as well as sporting a golden crown on her head, the newcomer had a stoic aura to her. On her right eye was a crimson eye patch that matched her red, noble-styled garments. The left eye, which was the only one exposed, was glowing a bright red; corrupted.

"Hanzo. It seems that you have started to proceed with your safety cushion plan. I can already tie one and one together."

As Lucy simply froze nervously upon seeing the lady, The King of Hell, with his face relaxing on his fist, chuckled at the woman's comment.

"You are correct in some aspects. However, I wouldn't exactly call this 'a safety cushion plan', but more of a way to help you, my heads of Tartaros. I already have foreseen all of the scenarios in the future, and all of them end up with us being victorious. This plan is just for damage control."

The white-haired woman sighed as she straightened the white, puffy ribbon on her collar.

"That overconfidence of yours is worrying, as always. I do put all of my trust in you, however, if you continue with that attitude..."