Volume 8: Chapter 4 - "Target Practice"

~~Chapter 4~~
"Target Practice"

~~Chapter 4~~"Target Practice"

~•-•~

Part 1

(Kaito's PoV)

Creak...

The last to wake up in this fine morning, I slowly opened the front door of this empty, rickety shack.

Outside, Sana was rubbing a random wolfman on the belly, and the grown demi-human was rolling on the ground, enjoying it.

The blonde then noticed my presence and waved at me.

"Oh, good morning, Kaito-ku-- So bright!"

Sana froze in surprise in reaction to seeing my aura that was sparkling in rainbows and twinkling stars.

The effects of a good night's sleep.

"Good morning, Sana-chan! I had a splendid rest last night. My, that bed sure was comfortable, was it?"

"Who the hell are you?! Where is Kaito-kun?!"

Sana pointed at me accusingly as she kept kneeling on the snowy ground.

I simply clasped both hands together as if I was praying, the light surrounding me making me look like a divine angel.

"You look golden today, Sana-chan. Your skin really has gotten prettier after spending your time in that hot spring. I wish you great blessings for the day."

"You're freaking me out!"

Sana had quickly dashed about a dozen feet back, hugging the wolfman she was petting in fear.

After successfully spreading the joy to the blonde, I hopped and skipped down the snowy, dirt path of the town.

I then came across an old wolf lady. With her back curved and her scrawny legs shaking because of the basket of fruits she was carrying, I figured she needed help.

"Good morning, Grandma! My, what a big basket you have! Mind if I help you carry it?"

I smiled at the stout wolf lady.

"What a good boy! That would be splendid."

"No problem! Adventurers need to help those in need in their spare time!"