Volume 9: Chapter 3 - "Sana's Child"

~~Chapter 3~~
"Sana's Child"

~•-•~

Part 1

I only smirked as Agame's and Angellica's jaws dropped to the ground. In front of them, Sana, alongside her new child, were smiling innocently.

"W-wait one second, Sana! H-how?! I-I didn't notice your stomach inflating all this time, like, at all!"

Angellica stepped forward, right in front of the blonde warrior.

"W-wait! Who's the father?! I swear, if it's Kaito here...!"

"Kwagh! Hey! I did nothing wrong!"

I angrily flicked Agame on the forehead after she blatantly accused me while hitting me with her wooden bow.

Meanwhile, our new maid, Galleon, groggily made her way beside Sana. She was toppling over a bit, still shaky after drinking too much alcohol earlier.

"You lot are mistaken. *hic* Kaito wouldn't be ballsy enough to get it with Sana-chan here."

"Hey! I can get myself a Sana if I wanted to!"

I shot a mad finger at the hiccuping Galleon, but I was unfortunately pinched in the side by a poker-faced Agame. As I was screaming in pain, Sana tilted her head at everyone.

"Sorry, you guys are misunderstanding... This child isn't really a child. Kaito-kun is using his Illusion magic to disguise her true form."

Right on cue, I lost focus of me casting my Illusion magic on Sana's "child" because of how painful Agame's pinch was. Out of the blue, the baby Sana was cradling began to shimmer a bright blue.

"W-what in the world..."

Angellica stepped back as she and the others shielded their eyes from the blinding light.

That was when the baby's true form was revealed.

With her green skin, red eyes, and sharp teeth, seated on the grassy patch of our resort house's garden was Basura, the goblin girl we met at the underground market of Oranea earlier.

With her large, leather backpack that was twice her size behind her, and with her mouth widening in amazement, she began to look around.

"W-whoa! E-everything is so bright up here!"

Immediately, however, Agame and Angellica both jumped a few feet backwards, trembling at the sight of the goblin girl. Angellica, who was shamelessly hiding behind the girl younger than her, pointed at Basura.

"W-what the hell?! Why in the world did you bring that thing here?!"

"You already know that I can't talk back against Sana..."

My back drooped saying that, the pride in me slowly escaping my soul.

You see, Sana threw a tantrum at the underground tunnels, ranting about how we could not just leave the goblin behind like that. She actually destroyed the entire area just by violently stomping her feet in anger. Eventually, I was forced to allow her to bring Basura with us, especially since her home was basically destroyed.

However, I made it clear to her that I would not interfere with how the other civilians would treat Basura on the surface.

Sana frowned at her teammates' actions.

"I still don't understand why everyone thinks so negative of goblins. Look at her! She's such a sweetheart!"

The smiling blonde held the smiling Basura up in the air, but this only made Agame and Angellica back away a few feet even more.