Volume 6: Chapter 4 - "The Edgelord"

~~Chapter 4~~
"The Edgelord"

~~Chapter 4~~"The Edgelord"

Part 1

(Third Person's PoV)

Looming over the de Lasainte mansion was a fire breathing dragon that was clashing against a dark haired demonoid. Both were striking at each other in an aerial battle that caught the attention of many onlookers from the surface.

As a flamethrower came from the dragon's wide mouth, the demonoid quickly flew to the side to evade.

Zato's empty red eyes remained unfazed.

"This world is terribly cruel. Erasing this foul creature's existence will put me one step closer to cleansing this realm."

This was what he said before flying straight towards the fainted mage who was sitting behind the dragon tamer on top of Infernia.

"No, you don't!"

Fram used the armored braces on her arm to block the sharp claws that were aimed at Angellica behind her.

"What's with this rat? He's really creeping me out."

Fram's thoughts lingered even after Zato backed away from his attack. This allowed Infernia to breathe out flames towards the demonoid. However, just like before, Zato was able to fly out of the way.

"He's too fast... Infernia's attacks are too slow to hit him. To think that another demonoid has popped up in this city... Does that mean Hanzo-sama is starting to make his move?"

Zato, upon reaching back towards a safe distance, with his claw, pointed at the unconscious Angellica who was oblivious to the current danger.

"That girl... I remember her well. Those purple ribbons... That white outfit... Yes, she's undoubtedly the girl who foiled my plans back in Oranea."

Fram glanced at the drunken mage behind her who was wearing Sana's clothing.

"Those descriptions... He's definitely mistaking her for Sana."

Fram wasn't able to think much further, as the effects of the alcohol from earlier slowly began to affect her. She slowly felt her skin and eyes to heat up. A dizzying feeling started to make her head spin as she kept herself from gagging up.

"I-I can't keep up much longer. My alcohol tolerance is really high, but that's only because I use my magic to slow down the liquor's effects on my body. Sooner or later, I might end up like Angellica."

Fram looked down at the de Lasainte mansion below her.

"Kaito... Sana... Agame... I need your help."