Volume 7: Chapter 5 - "The Manaswitch Sword"

~~Chapter 5~~
"The Manaswitch Sword"

~~Chapter 5~~"The Manaswitch Sword"

~•-•~

Part 1

(Kaito's PoV)

The next morning, at the White Soldiers' Dormitory where we were residing before Angellica's resort house is restored...

The three-story dorm was rested by the more peaceful places in Oranea. Usually, the city would be buzzing with people early in the dawn. However, in this portion of the city, only the sounds of the birds resting on the rooftops could be heard.

That, and...

"Useless mage!"

My thundering, excited voice burst through the neighborhood as Agame and I powered through the locked door of Angellica's room.

"What the hell?! Don't go breaking down the establishment's doors like that, idiot!"

Not even giving the flinching mage time to change out of her white, frilly pajamas, with a large grin on my face, I grabbed hold of her arm and pulled her out of her sheets.

"Come on, you're the only one left, you sleepyhead! Sana is already outside, waiting for us! We're off to take on a quest!"

As I pulled Angellica, who was tying her smooth, bluish-white bedhead into her usual ponytail hairstyle, the mage tossed a confused stare at my direction.

"A-a quest...? But didn't you say Macy crossed out our debts to the guild? We don't need to do a weekly quest, you know."

The two of us walked out of the bedroom and were met with Agame at the doorstep. The loli who was hugging her bow followed us from behind.

I let out a hearty laugh.

"It was Agame's idea to go on a quest to test out the new gifts we got from your dad! I'm a complete fan of the idea!"

Hearing this from me, Angellica grunted annoyingly at the archer loli behind us.

"Don't be such a lazy bag of breasts, Angellica! It's a completely logical decision! Besides, if we end up not taking up a quest for any while longer, would we be even worthy to be called adventurers?!"

Agame scolded the mage who simply huffed out a long, exasperated sigh.

"Fine, fine, sheesh! At least I get to see if my mana really has been amplified."

I sneered as I rubbed the hilt of my Manaswitch Sword that I was currently grasping.

That's right. I got my super, sweet sword from Angellica's father, but the others also got their own presents. Angellica received a pendant that boosted her mana stat, allowing her to cast more spells before having to recharge. Sana received a bladeless sword that has yet to be shown any forms of usage. And Agame...