Volume 6: Chapter 3 - "The Magic Show"

~~Chapter 3~~
"The Magic Show"

~~Chapter 3~~"The Magic Show"

Part 1

At the White Soldiers' dormitory...

It was a peaceful environment inside the messhall of the guild's dorm. White Soldiers were seated on the tables, either conversing with one another or simply dining on high class cuisune. Some were exiting the room to head onto the request board at the main hall.

Everything was normal until...

"Let me at that dumb lizard!"

Accompanied by wild grunts, the loud voice of Ausehend bursted throughout the messhall. He was flailing his arms forward in an attempt to grab hold of Infernia, who was seated on Arthur's lap. Arthur in turn was protecting it from the angry blonde.

"B-behave yourself, Ausehend! Fram entrusted Infernia to us for the day! Keep your violent paws off of him!"

After receiving a scolding from the senior soldier, Ausehend jumped back, still mad. He angrily took out a charred gift box that was still emitting smoke.

"I don't care! Look at what that lizard did to this gift I bought for my dear Sana!"

"Quit being delusional! You and Sana-san aren't even a thing!"

"Th-that may be so, but who says I can't express my undying love to her?! That stupid dragon has been on my ass ever since it got here!"

While the two high ranking soldiers were at it, a strange tingling feeling struck Infernia.

Realizing something was wrong, it flew off of Arthur's grasp and bolted out of the window.

"Listen, I don't care if you and her are 'engaged' or not! I'm still taking Infernia out for a walk later, so you better-- Huh?"

Arthur looked down to see that the dragon was no longer there.

"I-Infernia?"

Panicking, Arthur hustled around the area, searching high and low for the dragon, much to Ausehend's amusement.

Realizing that the dragon was gone, Arthur dashed to the window and dramatically yelled--

"Infernia!"

Part 2

Inside the dining room of the large mansion of the de Lasainte family, the head of the house, Arch Michael de Lasainte and his son, Raphael, were seated around the fancy table.