Volume 8: Chapter 5 - "Back at Home"

~~Chapter 5~~
"Back at Home"

~~Chapter 5~~"Back at Home"

~•-•~

Part 1

(Third Person's PoV)

Around the same time that evening...

Set back in Oranea City, a few dozen construction workers wearing orange hardhats were scurrying around the empty plot. This flat, grassy plain was where Angellica's previous resort house was located before it got demolished for reconstruction.

"C-c-come on, man! Hurry and help me carry this crate!"

"R-right! Right! We don't want her to punish us again..."

The construction workers were panicking. Sweat dripped down the sides of their faces, and the expression of fear was displayed well in their eyes.

Carefully, they peeked behind them.

"What the hell are you rats slacking off for?! Put some more back into it, you weaklings!"

The duo squealed in fright as Fram lashed her whip at their feet, smacking them back into hustle.

"Th-this client is scary!"

"As expected of the notorious Dragon Tamer... Gosh, why couldn't the Angellica de Lasainte supervise us instead...? Her eyes are terrifying!"

The two workers mumbled as they, carrying the crate, sprinted to their other co-workers who were working on laying out the framework of the resort house.

By the gate, beside the menacing Fram stood the awkward boss construction worker. With his messy beard and buff exterior, he shakily smiled at her.

"Uh... Fram-san, c-can we lighten the pressure on my men a tiny bit? I don't really think whipping them is necessary..."

"Nonsense. I've faced many powerful beasts before, and I found out that the best way to control them is through complete domination."

Fram's blunt response made the boss' smile shudder.

"W-well, I don't think that really applies to huma--"

"Hey, you! Are you hammering that nail or giving that wooden plank a back massage?! Harder, damn it!"

"... N-nevermind."

As Fram harshly lashed her whip out at the construction workers yet again, a jolly Samantha was frolicking around the work site, handing mugs of water to all the men.