Volume 10: Epilogue - "I Do Not Belong Here"

~~Epilogue~~
"I Do Not Belong Here"

~•-•~

Part 1

I was unable to move any part of my body, not because of any magic spell, but because of the sight of the weakened Angellica laying flat on the ground, breathing, albeit barely. The bewildered look fixated on her pale face was shared by everyone else in the room, besides the mysterious woman who was seated atop one of the dozens of dazzling white Pegasus flying above us.

Shocked, I turned towards the woman. I knew who she was. Everyone in Ischyos knew who she was.

"P-Princess Glauce..."

We locked eyes with each other, and the woman's cold stare furthered my uneasiness. She did not change much from the anime; ashy, white hair that was twirled into a ponytail, a white battle dress, and her one, red eye. The other one, covered by a purple eyepatch.

Princess Glauce Ischyos -- the only daughter of the royal family. Based on what I've learned about her in the manga, she is a stoic, just and wise lady. For the past ten years, she was the one spearheading everything in the royal family, as her father had fallen ill, and her mother had disappeared after her birth.

What was she doing here? And why did she dispel Angellica's magic?

One by one, the herd of flying horses landed on the ashen field that had been ravaged by the battle earlier. Quickly yet orderly, the royal knights who were manning the other stallions formed a defensive position and proceeded to escort the princess off of her Pegasus.

Yuria and Agame both rushed towards me, while the puzzled Angellica looked like she was too weak to move a muscle, what more get up from the ground.

The three of us quickly knelt down on one knee, as per formalities.

I would have been freaking out about meeting Princess Glauce in person, but now was not the time. I need to get up from here and tend to Angellica's injuries quick, or else...

The long silence had finally been broken by the princess herself.

"Be at ease. You, dark haired boy. Heal your friend over there, and make it quick. I have a lot of inquiries for you."

Thanks to the demanding manner she spoke in, I wasted no time.

"Y-yes, Your Majesty!"

Quickly, I hustled towards Angellica and instantly began to cast Heal on her. Angellica weakly looked at me with amber eyes that had been shrouded in tears, her eyeliner all over the place.

"Kaito... I-I'm sorry..."

Beginning to tear up myself, I shook my head and forced a smile.

"Don't worry. All that matters is you're sa- Kwaugh?!"

I started flailing my legs around as all of the sudden, I was lifted up from the ground by my back collar by a fully clad knight. I tried to wiggle my way out of his grasp, but it was no use. I turned back towards the princess in frustration.

"H-Hey! W-what gives?! Can't you see I was healing Angellica over h--?!"

The princess' dark glare was enough to shut me up. I forgot to control myself. I can't believe myself. Did I just badmouth the freakin' princess of Ischyos?! How stupid am I?! I need to keep my mouth shut, or I'll get executed on the spot!

After I stopped struggling and quieted down, the princess turned her stare away from me.

"How interesting."