Volume 8: Chapter 1 - "The Snowball Fight"

~~Chapter 1~~
"The Snowball Fight"

~~Chapter 1~~"The Snowball Fight"

~•-•~

Part 1

(Kaito's PoV)

Two days after that whole disaster at the swimsuit shop...

I have fully recovered from my injuries thanks to my own healing magic. It took longer than usual, since I couldn't move my arms for a while after Agame fired Apollo at me. Luckily, I was able to create a tiny Barrier that saved me from, you know, death.

"Hey, hey... Isn't that the guy who attempted to sneak into the fitting rooms of Swim Supreme yesterday?"

"Yeah, it's him... I heard that he's done a lot of perverted things in the past... I heard that he even stormed into the lingerie store once..."

"What a creep..."

... My reputation is negative to non-existent.

I don't blame them... I did do a lot of trashy things, but I'd love it if they'd just move the hell on... Sigh, I feel like shit.

I was currently moping down the roads of Oranea this early morning. I had just came from the guild to see if there were any updates on Tartaros sightings, but unfortunately, there weren't. I was now on the way back to the White Soldiers' dormitory to escape all of the glares I was receiving from the women by the sidewalks.

"Hey, I heard that he defeated a Tartaros member at Coronam, but the poor Tartaros general was sexually molested by him in the process..."

"Oh, that poor girl..."

What the hell?! Why are you suddenly developing sympathy for Tartaros?! Besides, Samantha's a dude! I also definitely didn't want to grope him!

I ground my teeth together in frustration at the gossips surrounding me.

"Ah, but Ueno Sana, though! Yesterday night, I heard that she hosted a feeding program for the kids living at the slums... What an angel!"

"My, my! I really do look up to her!"

Adding insult to injury, I see. Nice, nice.

I began to quicken up the speed to reach the dormitory as fast as possible. Seeing the white, brick building, I sighed in relief, escaping the clutches of gossip.

I ran into an unexpected person, though...

"That's..."

I squinted my eyes at a girl who was crawling weakly on the ground in front of the dormitory. Donning purple hair that was wrapped up into a ponytail, alongside a white battle skirt that was clad with a silver breastplate, I definitely knew who this girl was.

Strolling up to the girl, I heard her groaning with a hoarse voice.

"A-a-ah... F-f-finally..."

"Reyna-san...?"