Volume 9: Chapter 5 - "A Special Quest"

~~Chapter 5~~
"A Special Quest"

< WE HAVE A DISCORD SERVER! >
< JOIN https://discord.gg/EpMg8hxHwT >

~•-•~

Part 1

(Third Person's PoV)

The dawn had arrived.

In the demonic island of Styx, inside the scary yet luxurious tower of Hanzo, Lucy trotted out of the shower room, her soaked, silky, red strands were wrapped up in a cottony towel, of which a bigger one covered her curvaceous body. A relaxed and somewhat goofy grin sat on her face as the droplets of warm water poured down from her shoulders.

"Ah... To think that testing if that magic soap was working could be so relaxing..."

In her trance, however, she did not notice her crown-wearing, white-haired, female subordinate staring at her from the side, her arms crossed impatiently.

"Well? Are you going to tell us if it worked?"

The sudden voice made Lucy jump.

"Wah! M-Mina-sama! W-well, I haven't really tested it yet, nor do I have any idea how I could test it..."

"Do not worry. Just stay still."

The sudden magical aura the white-haired woman began to emit made Lucy shriek in panic.

"No, no, you don't have to! I'll do it for you!"

The red-haired, demonoid commander began to flail her arms around in panic as the reddish-gold aura continued to grow around the menacingly glaring Mina.

"See? Here! Gwu--!"

Lucy, all of the sudden, punched herself in the face with a demon magic-infused fist, leaving her smooth cheek red.

Mina's aura died out as she looked at Lucy in disappointment.

"Ow! Ow, ow, why the hell did I do that?!"

Lucy immediately crouched to the ground, cupping her swollen face with her hands, groaning in agony.

"Interesting. That was S-rank Demon-Infused Magic, if I recall. That should be able to leave a few burnt marks on the skin, even on the caster. Funnily enough, that baby face of yours has only suffered a bruise..."

Lucy, wiping the tear off her red and black eye, peeked back at Mina.

"T-then does that mean that the soap Hanzo-sama told us to retrieve does in fact work? I-I mean, not that I doubted Hanzo-sama's findings in the first place! It's just that, Hanzo-sama could be testing us! That, or..."

A vein bulged on Mina's forehead.

"For the love of... Is my younger brother all that you can think about?! How about you shut your mouth about those petty emotions and try to do a better job as Tartaros' commander?! We are down four heads, and we're nearly approaching the end game!"

The four heads Mina were referring to were Angellica, Fram, Galleon and Yuria. Samantha had been corrupted once again and was now currently in his room at the castle, still traumatized on his bed after the events of yesterday.

"S-s-sorry..."

As Lucy sulked her head down, she suddenly, upon remembering something, stood back up on her feet. Lending the soap out to Mina, she nodded.

"Ah! H-here you go! It's your turn to use it now!"

"After you used it yourself?! That's gross! It probably still has your hairs on it!"