Chapter 84

Chapter 84

However, this grab of Xie Luan's was only enough to hold on to the tip of the nox's tail.

The moment Xie Luan's hand touched the silver tail, the owner of the tail froze, the gap in space in front of him disappearing a second later.

After preventing the other from leaving, Xie Luan gently pulled the tail towards him.

The slightly cool tail was completely different from the feigned expression of indifference the nox had towards the youth. The tail seemed to refuse to follow its owner's will as it couldn't help but extend towards the youth.

If he didn't want it, he could've just directly pulled his tail out of the youth's hand. However, the nox didn't do so. When he saw the youth was silent, his tail inched closer.

The youth was leaning against the headboard. After being touched, the silver tail could no longer resist, obediently settling in Xie Luan's embrace. Ya Yi knew he couldn't leave.

Although nobody told Xie Luan what their tail meant to the nox race, after spending so much time with Ya Yi in the other world, Xie Lian had a rough idea. Even if Xie Luan was a bit slow, he wasn't completely blind.

The tail should be a very important area for the nox race. It wasn't somewhere they would casually let others touch. Being able to touch it signified you were very close to the nox.

If Ya Yi let him touch his tail, Xie Luan didn't understand why the nox was trying to avoid him. However, now that he had finally caught him, Xie Luan had much more important things to ask.

"What influence does this marking have on you?" It was different from how Xie Luan had remembered. Before, you could only see a very small black imprint near the nox's collarbone, but now it even spread along the left side of the nox's neck.

The black imprints, almost resembling tribal markings, had grown much larger. Even the color was much deeper than the light shade it was previously.

Xie Luan had always been worried about the marking, but he could never find any information about it. Even Zarad didn't know anything about it.

Since he really couldn't find any clues, Xie Luan could only set the matter aside.

He frowned as he examined the markings, unable to stop worrying about the changes. Because of that, he temporarily let the tail go and stood up from the bed, taking a step closer to the Nox. He reached out, wanting to touch the black markings on the other's neck.

But before Xie Luan could touch it, Ya Yi suddenly held his wrist firmly, stopping it in place. In that moment, Xie Luan saw a trace of disgust flash through Ya Yi's azure, vertical pupils.

"Very ugly." Don't touch.

The black markings were linked to the darkness in his own heart, the darkness that caused him to lose control and go crazy. Ya Yi understood that, so he didn't want the youth in front of him to touch such a thing. Especially this thing that wasn't actually his, but placed on him by an unknown existence.

Xie Luan understood that the target of Ya Yi's disgust was himself.

"How does it affect you?" Xie Luan continued to push the question.

The nox's beautiful, cold face didn't have any expression as he stared at Xie Luan silently.

But under Xie Luan's steady gaze, the nox finally lowered his eyes and explained the feelings he felt without adding any descriptors to make it seem more beautiful.

The growing darkness, the madness, losing all control- there was nothing beautiful in that.

But the one who allowed the darkness to take over his heart was himself. Ya Yi didn't want to admit that he truly did have the urge to destroy this world.