I

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arya opened her eyes to the sound of bird cries in the air. Argent shifted besides her and grunted in his sleep.
Arya caressed her dragon's coarse scales and looked up. They were underneath a canopy of trees in a forest she did not recognise.

-Argent, get up!- she pushed her dragon and stood up herself. She did a whole 180 turn, still not knowing where they were.

-What? Where are we?- the dragon asked, his head swivelling at an alarming rate and his tail tearing down a few trees from the roots because of the small space.

-That's the thing, I don't know!- she was panicking and she never did good with panicking.

-Look! People- Argent nodded his head to a caravan with people that were riding down the path -let's ask for directions.

Arya approached them calmly with Argent tailing behind her but jumped back when the lady that saw them screamed and the whole caravan lurched forward and away from them. Arya looked behind her to where the dragon was and understood why.

-Argent darling- she tsked her tongue at the poor confused dragon -I don't think we are in Alagaësia anymore and I also don't think the people here are glad to see dragons.

-Based on what do you make that assumption!?- Argent said indignantly stomping his paw on the ground.

-On the fact that the moment they saw you behind me the woman screamed in fear- she patted the dragon's scaly leg -just go hide for a while until I call you alrigh?

-You'll call me the moment you are in trouble right?- he nudged his snout into her arms and she hugged him.

•••••

Arya watched as the dragon flew up into the sky and disappeared through the clouds. The sky was turning dark so she followed the road down and past a river that took her to large gates with a sign that stated Bree. She saw four small people talking to the gate's guard.

-What do you want?

-We're heading for the Prancing Pony- dark curls poked out of the hoof he was wearing and she saw shifty blue eyes looking around in a panicked way.

She suddenly felt a sharp pain in her chest as he moved a chain around his neck and she saw a simple golden ring flash once before it went back under his shirt.

-Hobbits! Four hobbits! What business brings you to Bree?

-We wish to stay at the inn. Our business is our own.

-All right young sir, I meant no offence. 'Tis my job to ask question after nightfall. There's talk of strange folk abroad. Can't be too careful.

After they went inside Arya sneaked past the guard and followed the four little men to a pub. She looked up at the sign of a horse with the letters The Prancing Pony which looked like a pub, so she went inside.

A few of the men in the bar glanced at her with disgusting eyes. She could almost hear their thoughts without even having to try.

She stepped up to the bar as the small men tried to talk up to the man wiping a cup of beer.

-Excuse me?- the one with the dark curls

-Good evening, little masters!- the man leaned over the bar to look at the small men -If you're looking for accommodation we've got some nice, cozy, hobbit-sized rooms available. Mister uh -

-- Underhill, my name's Underhill.

-Underhill. Yes...

Arya approached them from behind startling the small hobbits.

-Hello. Could you get me a room for the night?- she took out her coin purse and placed a few silver coins in front of the man and took the key he offered her.

-And a dinner?

-Take a seat- he nodded to one of the tables while taking care of the four hobbits' rooms.

She sat on her table and waited for the waitress to bring her her food.

-Excuse me miss?- she looked up at the small men -Could we sit with you? The other tables are all occupied.
Arya nodded and gave them a smile trying to not intimidate them.

-I'm Underhill- said the one with the dark curl -this are Sam, Pippin and Merry.

-It's a pleasure- she shook their hands -I'm Arya

She felt someone's eyes on them and she glanced around until she crossed eyes with a masked man who turned his stare from her to paying attention to the hobbits besides her.

-Arya- she jumped slightly in her seat.

-Oh, my Lord- she subconciously put her hand to her chest over her fluttering heart -Don't scare me like that Argent. What is it? Is everything alright?

-Yes, I just wanted to know if you were doing alright.

-Yes I am. Don't forget about me if anything happens.

-Of course I would. Have a goodnight you overgrown lizard- Argent groaned and cut off the connection.

She sees two of the hobbits, Merry and Pippin, run up to the bar as the barman took the other two food.

-Excuse me, that man in the corner, who is he?- Frodo pointed at the man in the corner whom was still staring at her.

-He's one of them rangers. Dangerous folk they are - wandering the wilds. What his right name is I've never heard, but around here, he's known as Strider.
-Strider.

The man named Strider lights his pipe. Only the gleam of his eyes can be discerned above the glow of the burning leaf as he gave her a side eyed glance.

Arya sees Frodo playing with the Ring he had in his pocket which she had noticed at the entrance and she starts to hear a low whisper in her ears. She winces a bit and watches as he gets up and walks up to the blonde hobbit who was shouting

-Sure I know a Baggins. He's over there, Frodo Baggins- so Frodo was the dark haired one's name -He's my second cousin, once removed on his mother's side. It works for him and my third cousin twice removed on his father's side, if you follow me.

Strider, his attention fairly caught. Frodo rushes towards the bar to stop Pippin from babbling further and grabs him.
The poor hobbit slips on someone's boot and falls back, tossing the Ring into the air. Arya watches as he tries to catch it, the Ring slipping onto Frodo's finger.

To her surprise, the hobbit disappears right before touching the floor. Strider stands up quickly and Arya staggers as she's approached by a concerned Sam but she waves it off.
From the corner of her eye she watches Frodo wrenching off the Ring, reappearing with a relieved sigh and Strider grabs him from behind.

-You draw far too much attention to yourself Mister 'Underhill'!- she heard him hiss in a whisper.

Strider tosses him up the stairs throwing the woman from before another look, flings open the door of his room, throws Frodo in and shuts the door behind them. Frodo stumbles, falls to his knees, and stands up.

Arya follows them with Sam, Merry and Pippin up the stairs and they enter the room they were in.

Sam, Merry and Pippin rush in as she stayed behind them, Sam with fists clenched and ready to fight.

-Let him go! Or I'll have you Longshanks!- Sam said.

-You have a stout heart little hobbit, but that will not save you. You can no longer wait for the wizard Frodo. They're coming.

-Who are coming?- Arya asked. He didnt answer her and only looked her over once.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••