VII

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The Fellowship departs beneath an old arch of lichen-encrusted stone. Aragorn remains where he stands, and turns to Arwen.

Arya waits for him as the two gaze into one another's eyes. Arwen's face is sorrowful; Aragorn smiles faintly, and nods a farewell. He walks out. Arwen breaks off her gaze, looking down. And with that, they were off

-I will keep him safe Arwen- the elleth's shocked eyes find Arya's just as she leaves behind the ranger, a small smile of gratitude on her lips.

••••••••••

As the Fellowship departs from Rivendell across The Valley, Arya decides to contact Argent.

-Argent- the dragon's sleepy grumble echoes in her mind -we are leaving Rivendell. Please do not stray too far from me. Dark things live in this world.

The dragon agrees and cuts off contact.

•••••

In the cave not too far from the entrance of Rivendell, Argent stretches his muscles, walks to the cave's entrance and throws himself off the edge. He enjoys a few moments of free fall before snapping his wings open letting the air fill them and he glides closer to the ground following Arya's scent. He sees a group off elves on horses and lands near them.

•••••

On the ground Elrond had taken his horse and a patrol of elves to survey the surrounding of the entrance to Rivendell when one of his guards gave a shout.

-Lúg! (Dragon!).

The elves watched as a large beast, as big as Smaug flew close to the ground folding its wings and landing before them.
The guards place themselves in front of the lord elf as the beast lowers its large head to their eye level. To their surprise the dragon bows its head slightly making the silver scales of its body move with him and glimmer in the light of the sun.

Argent looks at the elf, whom Arya had explained to him was Elrond in her memories.

The elves prepared themselves as the dragon opened its maw, the teeth white ivory and sharp, almost as tall as them.

-Where is Arya headed?- the dragon's gentle voice shocks the elves, some of which drop their weapons.

When the lord elf does not speak, Argent huffs.

-I should have told Blödhgarm to keep the tracking spells on her- Argent grumbles out loud to himself.

A small breeze of wind reached him and Arya's familiar sweet scent reappeared. He turned to the elves.

-Never mind. Thought I wish to thank you for the commodity you offered her. But I must be going now.

And with that, Elrond and the elves watched in amazement as the fire breathing lizard shot back into the air and headed in direction of the Fellowship.

••••••••••

Back with the Fellowship of the ring. They travel through the woods, over open plains and hillsides. And then they pause on a hill in the wild.

Sam had taken out a pan and made a fie to start cooking sausage and other food over it, climbing up onto a rock besides Frodo. The Fellowship is resting on an outstretched arm of the mountains.