XLXI

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arya opens her eyes slowly to take in the light that was coming into the healing rooms in Gondor.

Turning her head slightly Legolas appear in her line of sight and her gaze travels to his hand which was resting onto on top of hers.

Legolas feels her move and opens his blue eyes to look at her properly.

Her face has been washed from the orc blood and ash from the volcano and her wounds had already healed.

Éowyn had combed her hair back and it looked healthier than ever, the ginger color striking against her pale skin.

-Good morning- her throat ached but she mustered a dry smile.

-Melleth nin- he leans forward and pressed their foreheads together, closing his eyes.

Arya pecks his lips and flushes red.

Legolas smirks and pulls her back into him, his own lips searching for hers pressing deeper into her.
She tasted sweet. And to her he did as well.

-Arya!- three voices interrupt them and they pull apart.

Merry and Pippin rushed in and threw themselves on top of her.

-Come on, come on- Frodo is going to wake up!- they pull her up from her bed after exchanging a few words with her and they usher her into another room almost dragging her along.

She lets the two ecstatic hobbits enter first and she stays behind with Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas, the last one holding her by the hip close to him with the excuse that she needed help standing.

•••••

Frodo wakes up and sees a familiar face

-Gandalf?

The wizard laughs when he sees the hobbit had awakened.

-Frodo!- Merry and Pippin enter, followed by another.

-Gimli!

Legolas follows with Arya, and then the King

-Aragorn.

The last to enter is Sam and Gandalf smiles at the once again reunited Fellowship of the Ring.

••••••••••

The Fellowship joins the people of Minas Tirith for Aragorn's coronation

-Now come the days of the king. May they be blessed- Gandalf holds the crown above the man's head.

-This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace. Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta (Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world).

He places the crown on Aragorn's head.

-Hannon le- (Thank you).

He walks down the path created by the people and first he stops before Legolas who bows his head slightly at the new king.

Arya stood beside the elf with a satisfied smile as Legolas' pinky passed over the back of her hand every now and then. She too bowed her head to him and sent him a playful smirk.

When Aragorn walked over to where Éowyn was he smiled.

The lady of Rohan was standing by Faramir and it was clear the two had been getting along quite well.

Aragorn shows shock when he sees Boromir bounded in snore white bandages in a few small wounds but alive and well with his brother. He smiles at the man whom returns the greeting with a bow.

Elrond and his people pay their respects when the elf holding the banner reveals themself.

Aragorn pulls Arwen into a tight kiss when he sees her, his heart overjoyed.

The people cheer for them.

•••••

Legolas takes up the courage to grab Arya's hand in his own and brings it up to his lips to kiss.

She turns to look at him and bravely kisses him full on the mouth taking the opportunity that everyone was paying their full attention to the King and his Queen.

Legolas lifts Arya up slightly as his arms circle her waist and her his neck.

They pull apart as the new King and Queen come before the four Hobbits, who bow.

•••••

-My friends. You bow to no one. Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta- Aragorn motions for them to stand straight.

Everyone bows before the hobbits.
Arya almost laughs as she watches their incredulous looks.

•••••••••
•••••

-And thus it was, the Fourth Age of Middle-earth began, and the Fellowship of the Ring, though eternally bound by friendship and love, was ended. Thirteen months to the day, since Gandalf sent us on our long journey, we found ourselves looking upon a familiar site. We were home. How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart, you begin to understand, there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep...that have taken hold- Frodo ends the story and closes his book.

Sam enters Bag End, where Frodo is working on his book. The hobbit was clearly still in pain.

-Mr. Frodo? What is it?

-It's been four years to the day since Weathertop, Sam. It's never really healed.

Sam sees the book

-'There and Back again, a Hobbit's Tale by Bilbo Baggins'...and 'The Lord of the Rings by Frodo Baggins.' You finished it.

-Not quite. There's room for a little more. Bilbo once told me, his part in this tale would end. That each of must come and go in the telling. Bilbo's story was now over. There would be no more journeys for him...save one.

He exists his hole, ready to leave his home behind one last time. A wagon appears carrying Gandalf and an old hobbit.

Frodo and Bilbo journey together in the carriage to Rivendell along with Sam, Merry and Pippin.

-Tell me again, lad, where are we going?- the old hobbit asked his nephew.

-To the harbor, Uncle. The elves have accorded you a special honor. A place on the last ship to leave Middle-earth.

-Frodo, any chance of seeing that old Ring of mine again? Hmm? The one I gave you?

-I'm sorry, Uncle. I'm afraid I lost it.

-Oh. Did ye? I should like to have held it, one last time.

•••••••••
•••••

Arya had finally found someone from her home. She and Argent had left a few weeks after the coronation and had crossed paths with Angela.

-Are you ready to come home?- the woman asked.

Arya and Argent looked at each other, both of them had already made their decision, they would stay. Arya asked the woman to please send her father her love and tell him that she missed him.

After the encounter they headed to Rivendell where Elrond had said to go.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••