XL

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

At Osgiliath, orcs begin to swarm the men. Faramir retreats to an alcove.

-Faramir!- Madril warns.

Archers shoot down a pack of orcs pursuing Faramir.

-We can't hold them! The city is lost.

-Tell the men to break cover. We ride to Minas Tirith.

Screeching Nazgûl fly overhead.

-Nazgûl! Take cover!

-Pull back! Pull back to Minas Tirith!

•••••

Soldiers begin to evacuate. An orc knocks down Madril.

-Retreat! Retreat!

Men and horses run from the city. A Nazgûl shrieks.

•••••

Arya and Argent notice a group of horsemen fleeing from a crumbling city and being followed by dragon like beasts with spot black scales and saddle fashioned as thrones for the wraiths Arya and the hobbits had encountered after leaving Bree.

•••••

The men ride and run for Minas Tirith. They are set upon by the flying Nazgûl.
The Nazgûl toss horses and men through the air, and crash into the riders.

•••••

Gandalf and Pippin, on Shadowfax, ride out to meet the retreating men.

•••••

-It's the White Rider!- one of the men cry in hope.

Faramir's hairs stand on end as a mighty roar echoes throughout the land.

As Shadowfax runs toward the retreating soldiers and Gandalf's staff sets off a bright, white light making several Nazgûl fly away, a dragon dropped from the sky, its silver scales bright against the dark skin of one of the Nazgûl as it threw itself onto it.

•••••

Being twice the size and weight than the beast Argent was capable of hurting it rather badly and Arya was also able to hurt the wraith the beast carried on its back.

•••••

Gandalf urges Shadowfax to join the other horses and they head back to Minas Tirith, the men craning their heads back to watch the dragon chase the Nazgûl away from them.

•••••

The gates of Minas Tirith open. Faramir's men and Shadowfax scurry inside.

-Mithrandir! They broke our defenses. They've taken the bridge and the West bank. Battalions of orcs are crossing the river- Faramir explained once he caught his breath.

-It is as Lord Denethor predicted! Long has he foreseen this doom!- a man wailed.

-Foreseen and done nothing!- Gandalf turns his horse towards Faramir, who stares at an embarassed Pippin.

-Faramir? This is not the first halfling to have crossed your path?

-No.

-You've seen Frodo and Sam!- Pippin asks.