XLXII

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

At the Grey Havens, all the hobbits gather and look at the sea.

-Oh! Here is a sight that I have never seen before- Bilbo had been lowered to watch the sea as the sun set.

Upon the quay stood Elrond, Celeborn and Galadriel. As well as Arya and Argent who received a pleased welcome from all four hobbits and a wizard.

-The power of the three rings is ended. The time has come for the Dominion of Men.

-I Aear can vên na mar- Elrond said gently (The sea calls us home).

-I think I'm quite ready for another adventure.

-Farewell, my brave Hobbits. My work is now finished. Here at last, on the shores of the sea, comes the end of our Fellowship. I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil. It is time, Frodo.

-What does he mean?- Sam looked near tears.

-We set out to save the Shire, Sam. And it has been saved. But not for me.

-You don't mean that. You can't leave!

Arya holds his shoulders softly.

-The last pages are for you, Sam. My dear Sam, you cannot always be torn in two. You will have to be one and whole for many years. You have so much to enjoy and to be, and to do. Your part in this story will go on- Frodo gives Sam his book -Goodbye Arya, Argent, I will never forget you.

-Nor us little one- Arya and Argent lower their heads in respect to the hobbit and then Arya hugs him -Take care- she whispered to him.

After Frodo embraces each hobbit in turn, he departs, happy at last.

Sam returns to his wife and children in Hobbiton, Merry and Pippin return home together.

Arya and Argent fly for a while until Arya makes up her mind to visit someone.

Together they lean forward to their new destination

••••••••••
•••••

Legolas had finally returned home and had brought Gimli with him so the dwarf could see where his father lived and also see the place that led him, another eleven dwarves and a hobbit for the adventure of retaking Erebor.

It had been hard to convince his Adar (father) to allow the dwarf to stay but, in the end, Thranduil had allowed it rather begrudgingly.

••••••••••
•••••

One of the mornings when he and his dwarven friend were having breakfast outside, a guard ran up to them shouting that there was a dragon flying into the borders of the kingdom.

While the whole kingdom and the king had been warned and were on high alert, the elf and dwarf held surprised yet pleased looks when they heard that.

They ran to the front of the guards that were staring up in awe and fear at the large dragon before them and waited.

•••••

-Let's just wait and see what they do- Argent argued with Arya who just wanted to reunite with her friends.

-Just because you like making them fear you does not mean you have to do this every time- she growled.

The dragon and rider (who was hiding behind Argent's thick neck) stared at the giant white elk that walked forward ridden by an elf with similar features to those of Legolas.

-Alright enough Argent!

•••••

The guards and Thranduil unsheathed their swords.

-Wait! Adar!- Legolas moved to wall between the dragon and the elfs, Gimli stomping to his side.

-Atra edtha down ono galba lizard- a voice said from behind the dragon (Let me down you big lizard).

Argent landed a few feet away from Legolas and Gimli making Thranduil and the others take a few steps back in caution, their swords and bows still drawn.

The elves of Mirkwood then watched with obvious surprise as a woman slid down the fire breathing beast's side and onto the ground.

Ignoring all others Arya rushes over to the two friends and throws herself on them.
Gimli stumbles and then thumps her on the back hardly.

•••••

Thranduil stared at the female as she approached his son. He almost showed his shock when she hugged not only the dwarf but his son as well.

•••••

Arya knew Legolas' father was watching but she could not help at least hugging him.

•••••

Argent breathed loudly making several elves jump as if they had been stung. The large dragon then pressed his nose against Gimli with a resounding purr.

•••••

Cautiously Thranduil stepped forward to meet with the woman.

Arya stared at the elven king for a pause and then, to his surprise, she bowed like Eragon had once taught her to.

•••••

Argent saw her and begrudgingly bowed his head as a sign of respect.

He had gotten way too used to the adoration of the elves from Du Weldenvarden.

•••••

-What is your name human?- Thranduil asked once he had gotten over his surprise.

-My name is Arya Lorawynn lord- she spoke -and the dragon is Argent. He will not harm neither you nor your people- she paused for another second and gave the proud king a small smirk -less you harm me lord.

•••••

Thranduil felt the anger in his blood at her words. He forced himself to calm down when the large beast before them growled deep in his throat giving them a glimpse of the pale and sharp teeth that were in his mouth.

-Adar- Legolas stepped forward -She is a friend. And so is the dragon.

Before his father could object, a tawny hawk dived down from above scaring off other birds.

The animal landed on one of Argent's horns and begun preening itself with its beak.

Arya stuck out her arm and whistled.
The hawk immediately flew down to her landing on her outstretched arms.
Arya bit back a wince as its talons dug into her unprotected forearm and pulled the letter that had been tied to one of its legs.

Dear Arya.

Elva had informed me a few days ago of your whereabouts. It appears you feel quite a long way away from Alagaësia. I hope that this letter has reached you safely now. A few more eggs hatched and our home is filling up slowly but surely. You may stay there or come back, but whichever you choose please do come and visit your lonely father once in a while.

By the way Sapphira misses both of you. I hope you are alright.

Your father, Eragon.

-Brisingr- she uttered with a newfound smile (fire). She would send a letter later.

Her hand burst into white hot flames forcing Legolas to stand a bit further away from her as it did.

Another elleth lunged forward out of instinct.
Arya easily blocked her strike and pinned her down.

-Shall we talk?- she looked up at the elven king mockingly and she let go of the elleth.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••