IV

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-Thank you lord Elrond- she said as Elrond entered again and placed a bowl of clear water on his desk sitting  back down on his chair.

-If you don't mind me asking, what will you use the bowl for my lady?

-Why for scrying of course- she ignored their confused looks and pulled her glove from her hand to point her palm at the water -Draumr kópa (Dream stare).

At first nothing happened and Gandalf began to think that it must be some sort of ritual from wherever she was from until the water rippled. But the windows were closed and there was no breeze coming from anywhere outside the room.

He blinked hard once to make sure he was seeing right as the waters clear surface turned blurry. Arya closed her eyes trying to find somewhere to scry someone she knew as the other two males in the room watched as the blurry water tuned into different landscapes of Middle Earth with every shift of the woman's eyelids.

Against the back of the skin of her eyes, she saw momentary darkness and then a single lidless eye opening amongst flames, it's slitted pupil searching, for what, she did not know and yet she sensed its hunger for power and for the pain of others.

Elrond and Gandalf felt the shift of dark magic and the wizard knocked the bowl to the floor quickly making it smash into pieces and the remaining water in it made a small puddle on the floor absorbing into the wood and leaving a wet spot on it just as Arya opened her eyes with a gasp.

The glaze of tears appeared in her eyes but she remained silent until the old man touched her arm.

-My Lady are you alright?- his concern touched her but she needed to speak with Argent so she just shrugged him away.

-Lady Arya- she turned to the elven lord one last time -tomorrow evening there will be a meeting in the courtyard and I would like you to be there if it were possible.
Arya nodded before leaving briskly out the door.

••••••••••

-Lady Arya- Arya groaned throwing her head back as she saw Strider walk up to her from her peripheral point.

A tall elf with golden almost white locks of long straight hair not too far behind, his gait stealthy and silent. His gaze calculating

-Is everything alright?

-Of course it is. I just need to go take some air. This is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me in all my many years of life- she chuckled the last part to herself.

-What is my lady?- Strider asks curious just as his elven partner was.

-I tried scrying my master but I was not able to contact him or Nasuada or queen Arya. And then, from the dark a single eye opened- she mumbled so softly that Aragorn did not quite hear her. Strider felt her shiver against his hand from which he held her arm -so much dark energy that I could barely stop myself from calling Argent- the last bit she whispered to herself but she saw both of them perk up.

Before they had a chance to interrogate her, she pried herself out of Strider's grip and walked quickly across the bridge to call for Argent. She really needed some fresh air.
And by fresh air she meant fresh air.

•••••

Aragorn and Legolas watched her leave with questioning looks.
-What do you think that was about Legolas?- his elven friend did not answer as he kept his eyes locked onto the woman's figure as it retreated.

•••••

Argent joined Arya not too far from the small opening that led to Rivendell through some pastures  and, without a word, Arya crawled over her friend's wing and nestled herself onto the juncture between the dragon's wings.

Argent had been born with scales that he could move willingly in that area so when his rider sat down he would usually flatten them as much as he could against his flesh so she did not injure herself when flying. It was a weird quirk that some of the dragon's back home had been born with and Eragon wrote it off as some sort of mutation some of the generations had that made them comfier for future Rider's.

As soon as Arya gave the word he vaulted himself into the air causing a massive wind strong enough to rip a few of the well buried rocks out of the ground. Argent was already a few centuries old and with the unceasing growth of dragons he had grown very fast and a lot.

In the air, their thoughts mingled together, trying to catch up to each other before their short flight was over and they did so until the sky had grown dark in the late hours of the night.

-So, what do we do now?- he asked after she had told him the incident in the study.

-I guess I'll go to this meeting and see what it is about- she leaned back on his scales and looked up at the stars, a few clouds crossing them -I have grown quite attached to the small hobbits, especially Frodo. They are so small and helpless and innocent, it just makes me want to help them.

-'Curiosity killed the cat'- Argent quoted one of his favourite frases he had learnt from Elva, the witch girl that always stood at Nasuada's side and whom had grown fond of the dragon -Remember not to do anything foolish without dragging me long with you- he landed and Arya gave him one last neck hug before planting her feet on the ground and watching him fly away.

Then she went straight through the gates and to the room she had been given without alerting the guards, falling on the soft mattress and into sleep.

Strider opened the door to Arya's room only, to his relief, find her in her bed safe and sound. He walked over to Arwen who had been helping him look for her all over the city and asked her to wake the lady on the bed up since if he did it it would be inappropriate. He stared longingly at the elleth's back as she walked into Arya's room and closed the door behind her.

-Lady Arya- the elleth tried to wake the woman up gently so as to not spook her -it is time to wake up lady Arya.

She watched in amusement as Arya groaned before pulling the sheets off of her body and sitting upright on the bed. As the woman pushed her hair back, Arwen caught a glimpse of the ends of her ears. She knew somehow that this woman was fully human, so how did she have pointed ears? She dismissed it since sometimes humans were born different.

-Oh good morning Lady Arwen- Arya said once she had sobered up -what brings you to my chambers?

-Well, Strider was worried since the guards had not seen you walk back through the gates last night.

-Oh, I did walk past the guards but I suppose they did not see me.

-I also came to remind you that this evening my father would like you to attend the meeting he spoke to you yesterday about.

Arya nodded remembering the offer the elven lord had given her the first time she had met him and Arwen made her way to the door before Arya stopped her.
-And Arwen, please do call me Arya, not the lady before it. I believe we will be great friends- Arwen's smile matched hers.

-Then I wish for you to call me Arwen as well- Arya nodded and watched the elleth leave.

-She is fine Aragorn- her hearing picked up Arwen speaking to someone outside the door. She did not know who it was since she could not see them as they only sighed before she heard the pair's footsteps walk away from her door.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••