XIV

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Haldir lead a group of guards to the edge of the woods. He and the rest of his guards took a step back when they saw what was there.
A gust of wind hit them face on making the elves' long hairs blow back with the winds.

A large silver dragon, towering over even the tallest trees, landed in front of them.
They drew their bows and pointed them at the dragon.

-Don't!- Pippin ran in front of them. The elves begrudgingly lowered their weapons as they watched the foolish halfling walk closer to the creature.

Argent lowered his head to their eye level making them retreat slightly. They watched as a young woman with dark ginger hair and bright eyes got off of the creature's back.
Arya ignored the weapons pointed.

-Pippin!- she shouted in surprise as the hobbit jumped into her arms for a hug.

She smiled as Aragorn made his way to her a bit more warily with Legolas. Argent huffed out hot vapour from his nostrils at their guarded attitude. Arya didn't fail to notice this time how uncomfortable the elves seemed in the dragons presence.

-Argent, I need you to leave for now okay?

-What?! But...- he tried to argue.

-Please. I'll be fine now- he growled low in his throat making the surrounding people take a step back from him -but just so you know, any elf in Du Weldenvarden would have acted very differently from these elves.

Said elves watched as the dragon grunted and nudged its large head into the woman's open arms for a short hug before blasting back into the sky and disappearing through the clouds creating a violent gust of wind that blew dried leaves off from the trees.

-Lady Arya- Galadriel glided closer to her easing the tension from her guards -it is a pleasure to finally meet you.

Arya bowed to the elven beauty.

-As is mine my lady- Galadriel led them back to the city of light.

A soft pressure pressed against her mind's defences. She tried to strengthen them yet even with Argent's help it managed to slip through. Just a single whisper managed to get by before Arya's defences were raised even harder than before.

-Eithel govannen lady Arya- she recognised the sindarin greeting and bowed her head slightly.

••••••••••
•••••

The Fellowship was asleep when a glowing figure in a flowing dress walks by them. Frodo wakes up with a start just as Galadriel glides past him.
The hobbit gets up and follows the elleth.

Galadriel descends to a glade and fills a silver pitcher with water from a stream. There, she stands before an ornate stand with a shallow silver basin upon it. The Lady turns towards Frodo.

-Will you look into the mirror?- Galadriel asked Frodo.

-What will I see?

-Even the wisest cannot tell. For the mirror... shows many things...- Galadriel aproaches the basin and she begins to pour the water into the silver mirror -...things that were... things that are... and some things...- she watches as the last drop of water is emptied into it, the water soon forming a smooth reflective surface -that have not yet come to pass.

Frodo steps up onto a low platform below the mirror to take a look. He peers down and sees nothing but his reflection. Then the mirror clears and shows a vision of Legolas, Merry and Pippin and Sam from the platform in the woods.