XXXVII

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Arya then turns to watch Merry and Pippin dance on a tabletop to the amusement of onlookers.

"Oh, you can search far and wide
You can drink the whole town dry
But you'll never find a beer so brown
As the one we drink in our home town.

You can keep your fancy ales.
You can drink em by the flagon
But the only brew for the brave and true..."

Comes from the Green Dragon!"

As the music continues, Arya stands and offers Legolas her hand. He takes it very much confused and she pulls him into the centre of the now dancing people.

As he twirls her they smile and laugh with each other, celebrating a new day.

As the song ends he spins her one more time pulling her into his chest one hand holding one of hers and his other hand on her lower back pressing her closer to him.

Arya smiled at Legolas, the hand she had on his shoulder played with his blond hair smoothing it down.

She hesitated and them leans a bit up and pressed her lips surely to his cheek.

As the rest of the people crowd around the room when a new song starts to play she pulls away and Legolas watches her as she disappears between them with a smile on his face.

••••••••••
•••••

Night comes to Edoras. In a communal sleeping room, Arya had finally managed to fall asleep through Gimli's snores and Pippin tosses, looking worried.

He crawls over to the sac where Gandalf had put the Palantír in and gently takes it from the wizard whose eyes are open scaring the poor hobbit..

Once Pippin make sure Gandalf is asleep he takes the stone out of the sack. It comes to life in his hands.
The young hobbit becomes affixed to the now glowing stone.

••••••••••
•••••

Outside, Legolas turns to Aragorn noticing the dark presence.

-He is here!

•••••

At the same time Arya wakes up with a start.

-I see you!- she looks for the source of the grating voice and sees Pippin in the middle of the room with the Palantir in his hands.

-Pippin! Help! Gandalf Help him! Someone help him!- Merry shouts.

•••••

Aragorn and Legolas enter. Everyone awakes. Pippin, stuck to the burning orb, writhes in pain.

Aragorn takes the Palantír and falls to his knees.

The Palantír falls from Aragorn's hands and rolls across the floor. Gandalf throws a cloth over it.
Arya quickly grabs it and hand it to Gandalf.

-Fool of a Took!-he scowls as he tends to a terrified Pippin -Look at me.

-Gandalf! Forgive me!- Pippin looks away.

-Look at me. What did you see?- he takes the frightened hobbit's shoulders.

-A tree... there was a white tree in a courtyard of stone... it was dead. The city was burning.