XXXII

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gandalf waited until Argent landed and he allowed Shadowfax to approach the dragon's hear, the horse bickering softly.

-Argent!- the wizard salutes good naturally-What might you be doing all the way out here?

-I have come to escort you to Helm's Deep- his voice rumbles -Arya has insisted since she fears there may be more troops of the enemy coming.

-How very nice of her- he turned to the frightened and now confused men -Did you hear that Éomer, your people need you. Your uncle needs you.

Éomer takes a deep breath and tries not to look into Argent's eyes.

-For our king!- he shouts. The men cheer and reposition their horses.

-The dragon can be explained later- Gandalf mutters to the leader of the Rohirrim as Shadowfax catches the lead with the man's horse.

•••••

Argent lets out a low hum and runs a bit before taking off, this time flying low on the ground and close to them. Sometimes he would rise above the clouds and scour the land to make sure it was safe for them to cross.

-We will soon be there Arya- he thinks -hold on just a bit longer.

••••••••••
•••••

Aragorn and Gimli sneak around to the other side of the gate. Aragorn takes a peek at the many Uruks.

-Come on. We can take 'em!- the dwarf whisper shouts.

-It's a long way- Gimli glances over Aragorn.

-Toss me- he decides in the end.

-What?

-I cannot jump the distance so you have to toss me- he mumbles shamefully.

Aragorn nods and is about to throw Gimli, but the dwarf stops him.

-Eh... Don't tell the elf- Aragorn goes to grab him again and Gimli stops him a second time -Or the lassie.

-Not a word- Aragorn throws Gimli, and jups after him. The two battle the troops at the gate.

•••••

-Shore up the door!- the king shouts at his men.

Saruman's army puts up more ladders. Legolas shoots the chain for one of the ladders. It falls, crushing some of the Uruks below. The men try to seal the gates, as Aragorn and Gimli continue fighting on the other side.

-Gimli! Aragorn! Get out of there!- Théoden shouts.

Arya runs to Legolas, black blood on her face and blade and they stand up on the wall.

-Aragorn!- Legolas throws down a rope.

Aragorn, holding Gimli with him, jumps on to it. Legolas pulls them both up.

More ladders rise.

-Pull everybody back. Pull them back!- the king shouts as more orcs rush in.

-Fall back! Fall back!- Gamling repeats.

-They have broken through. The castle is breached! Retreat!

••••••••••
•••••