XLXIII

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As they were being escorted to the home of the Mirkwood elves with Argent flying in tow, Legolas walked by Arya's side closely and took her hand. This surprised her since she had not expected him to be so daring in front of his father who was very clearly disliking this situation.

•••••

Thranduil would be lying if he said he could not see anything in the strange woman. She had been able to subdue one of his elven guards and it looked like his son had taken a liking to her.

He saw the same love in his eyes as the one the king had once held in his own for his wife a long time ago.

•••••

It took Arya to make the king take a liking to her less than what it had taken Legolas to convince him to allow Gimli to stay.

She had gifted him some jewels Angela had given her and told her to give to the next king she encountered. The stones were impossibly white and shone like stars, and it seemed that indeed the king coveted them.

Arya had not even made a try to ask Angela were she had gotten them and why had her instructions been so precise. She knew the witch would never reveal her secrets and knowledge to anyone.

After that, Arya and Legolas spent more time together as a cave above the Mirkwood kingdom was being built especially for Argent to nest in.

••••••••••

Legolas finally asked for Arya's hand in marriage and their weeding had been the first since the fall of Sauron.

The couple, along with Gimli and Argent, had personally flown to the Shire to invite their three friends.

As soon as the old hobbit at the edge of the small town had seen the towering dragon he had called for alarm before fainting.

The hobbits were wide eyed as they stared at the creature that was allowing their children to pet him as Arya and the others helped Pippin, Merry and Sam to get their things in him.

After waving goodbye to Rosie and all the others they had then gone back to Mirkwood where Arwen, Aragorn, Faramir and Éowyn were already waiting.

It had been a happy day for all.

••••••••••

55 years later

-Adar!- a small cry sounded throughout Mirkwood. A small boy with light ginger hair that almost seemed golden paired with blue eyes rushed at his father with a big smile on his face -Adar! The eggs are here!

Legolas let his son pull him out and up the stairs to Argent's nest like cave where his twin daughters, with impossibly blonde almost white hair like his but dark eyes like their mother, had taken Arya.

Argent had met a wild dragones that had migrated there many years back and had made her his mate. Their five eggs had been born not too long ago and their mother and father were currently resting.

-Look Adar!- Gyuthén, the youngest out of the two gave her father a big smile as she pointed at a small silver egg with green specks.

His son, Thranduil in honor of his grandfather (Thranduil isn't dead he is just a petty king who wanted one of his grandchildren named after him after Legolas' many years of abstinence), was obsessed with the one that was golden which had come out the opposite as the others.

Myra, the youngest of the three children stood behind her mother's skirt.

Arya hooked her arm around Legolas, waist and rested her head against his chest.

She saw her son flinch when the egg he had touched cracked open in an instant. Argent leans forward and nudged their son forward.

Thranduil was given the mark of the Riders and not too long after so had Gyuthén received it.

••••••••••

Nine years later they travelled south across the great sea and found the place where their grandfather on their mother's side had been hidden for. They trained with Eragon and Sapphira, both of whom had sent their love to Arya and Argent, while Myra stayed behind with their grandfather and trained as the king's guard.

Thranduil had taken a personal adoration to his youngest grandchild and planned to make her the leader of the Mirkwood guard after she finished her training.

••••••••••

Legolas and Arya reigned over the forest for many milenia after the old king stepped down. Thranduil, of course, stayed to live with them and his new family.

Thanks to the new dragon Riders in their family and Myra who had gotten her mother's powers even though she was not a dragon rider, Mirkwood, renamed once more Greenwood when they had gotten rid of all the spiders, prospered in peace and became one of the richest and safest kingdoms in all of Middle Earth.

With the family occasionally getting visited by the people of Alagaësia and their friends.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

THE END

thank you to all of you who have read my book I hope you enjoyed it :)

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••