XIII

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The rest of the Fellowship watched in wonder at the interaction.

•••••

-Do you think the lady can communicate with beasts?- Boromir whispers.
-I do not think so- Aragorn answers back. The dragon was acting far too familiar with her to be a wild beast.

They observe as Arya pulls up her shirt slightly and they catch a glimpse of a long pinkish scar that broke the skin from one side of her stomach to the other in a wide arc. Something was clearly wrong with it as bluish black veins flowed out from it.

-I think the metal is acting up again- they hear Arya say to the dragon.

•••••

Argent ignores the small group of people pointing their weapons at him and fixates his attention on his Rider's wound.
He feels his own dragon magic run across his body, up his throat and to his mouth so he opens his maw above her.

The company watches in horror as the dragon's throat brightens up in color, a trait that in dragons usually meant it was going to spit fire. Legolas rushed forward with Aragorn and they placed themselves before Arya. Before they even had a chance to lift their weapons at him, Argent exhaled the energy running through his throat onto the three of them.

Legolas suddenly felt refreshed and Aragorn looked at him feeling the same. They watch as their wounds no matter how small heal until only small scars are left, an then nothing but smooth skin and although they were still tired, their muscles reflexively relaxed. They turn to Arya and see the veins in her scar retreat.

-Thank you my friend- Arya pressed her forehead to Argent's and stood up. She turned to the rest of the company -I cannot explain it all to you now for Aragorn is right. Orcs will be coming, but I can buy you time enough for you to head to Lothlórien.

She gave Aragorn a pointed look and they continued to watch as the dragon pressed itself to the ground and lower its wing for her to climb up onto its back and hold onto a spike in front of her. With one last glance at them, she nudged her heels in and Argent flew off.

•••••

A few seconds passed until Aragorn could think clearly once again.
-Let's go- he helped Frodo up and led the still dumbfounded group away and down the mountain.

••••••••••

Chortling, icy blue water gurgles across the dale as they walked past it.
Aragorn runs up onto a rock.
Framed against a deep blue sky, he looks past the mountains to the greengold woods beyond.

The Fellowship jogs across a grassy field, halting under the leaves of a forest of tall trees.
-Stay close, young Hobbits! They say that a great sorceress lives in these woods, an Elf-witch, of terrible power. All who look upon her, fall under her spell...- the dwarf said.

Frodo was at the back of the group with a dazed expression on his face.

-Mister Frodo?- Sam called to him in worry. He caught up to them.
-Well, here is one Dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a hawk and the ears of a fox!- Gimli boasted. An arrow, notched already on a bow, appears before his face making him look at it cross eyed -Oh...

Other bows at the ready appear around the Fellowship in contrast with Legolas whom has his own bow out and was the only one ready to defend himself.
The Fellowship looks around, alarmed at the elves surrounding them when a tall, golden-haired Elf steps forward out of the circle of elves.