III

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The hobbit's cry of pain makes her push back on the two black Riders and run to him, seeing he had been stabbed by a cruel looking dagger on his left shoulder.

Strider appears to fight the Nazgûl, torch in one hand, sword in another. He sets them afire and drives them away.
Arya  whispers a quick 'brisingr' making her sword burst out in flames and driving the other ones right behind their other friends.

-So fire is one of their weaknesses.- she breathes out heavily and walks to Frodo and the ranger.

-Strider! Help him, Strider!- Sam cried.

-He's been stabbed by a Morgul blade- they watch as he grabs the blade that disintegrates into dust, all of it except for the hilt which Strider those away -This is beyond my skill to heal. He needs Elvish medicine.

Strider had gone off to find some herb he called anhelas and Arya bit the inside of her cheek.

-Alright let me try something- she pushes the hobbits away from Frodo and presses the palm with the gedwëy ignasia -Waíse heill (be healed).

Arwen and Strider arrive in a hurry just in time to see a light come out from Arya's hands and Frodo's breathing to ease.

-Shit! Guilthok! (Fuck!)- Arya screams startling them with her choice of words -I still haven't gotten to the deep healing spells so this is all I can do for now. The others would risk me loosing too much energy- she continues to mumble to herself, unaware of the new arrivals -maybe if I had taken the belt I'd have enough but...

She turns and sees a beautiful Elf-lady approaching on a white horse with Strider. She dismounts and walks to Frodo

-Frodo.... Im Arwen. Telin le thaed (I am Arwen. I have come to help you)- she passes her hand through his curls gently -Lasto beth nîn. Tolo dan na ngalad (Hear my voice. Come back to the light).

-Who is she?

-Frodo!- Arwen kneels as Strider chews a portion of the Athelas and applies it to Frodo's wound -He's fading! Not as fast as he should...- she throws Arya a glance -...but he is fading.

Frodo gasps his eyes shooting open.

-He's not going to last. We must get him to my father. I've been looking for you for two days.

-Do you need help?- Argent's voice echoes with worry in Arya's mind, sensing her Rider's distress.
-Not yet- Arya doesn't want Argent to make her appearance just yet.

-There are five wraiths behind you. Where the other four are, I do not know- Strider helps Arwen lift Frodo up onto her horse.

-Dartho guin perian. Rych le ad tolthathon. (Stay with the Hobbits. I will send horses back for you.)- he tells the elleth.

-Hon mabathon. Rochon ellint im. (I'm the faster rider. I'll take him).

-Andelu i ven. (The road is too dangerous).

-Let her Srider- Arya had quickly caught on to the meaning of their words since it wasn't truly that much difficult than learning kuzhul.

-I do not fear them- Arwen says, as if to strengthen Arya's point.

-Be iest lîn. (As you wish)- Strider clasped Arwen's hands tenderly as she mounts her horse, with Frodo seated in front of her.

-Arwen, ride hard. Don't look back!

She and the horse, Asfaloth gallop away as the ranger keeps on staring after them. Arya knows that look, she's seen Eragon give it to the other Arya when they visited a numerous amount of times

-What are you doing?! Those wraiths are still out there!- Sam says.

-Then we'll have to try and make sure they don't get near those two. Come on!- Arya starts trekking behind the horse followed by Strider and the hobbits.

••••••••••

Arya and Strider spotted Arwen on the other side of a river holding Frodo in her arms. The poor hobbit was passed out and he looked extremely pale.
After that Arwen took them to a beautiful city and across a thin bridge. They were greeted by a black haired elf who immediately took Frodo from Strider.

-Arwen glenn- get adar (Arwen go get father).

Arwen ran up the stairs of one of the buildings as the other elf followed behind her with a swaying Frodo. Strider led them to another room where they sat and waited.

A while later the three hobbits were called in by an older looking man with grey robes and Arya smiled as they excitedly jumped off their seats to go see their friend.

•••••

Gandalf caught a glimpse of the woman they had been with walk inside with them before Elrond led him to his study.
Gandalf and Elrond watch Frodo and Sam from the balcony in Elrond's study.

-His strength returns.

-That wound will never fully heal. He will carry it the rest of his life- Gandalf sighs.

-And yet to have come so far, still bearing the Ring, the hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to its evil.

-It is a burden he should never have had to bear. We can ask no more of Frodo.

-Gandalf, the enemy is moving. Sauron's forces are massing in the east — his eye is fixed on Rivendell. And Saruman you tell me has betrayed us. Our list of allies grows thin.

-His treachery runs deeper than you know. By foul craft Saruman has crossed Orcs with goblin-men, he's breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard. An army that can move in sunlight and cover great distance at speed. Saruman is coming for the Ring- Gandalf worries over his former colleague who had shown his loyalties to him clearly.

-This evil cannot be concealed by the power of the Elves. We do not have the strength to fight both Mordor and Isengard!

-Gandalf, the Ring cannot stay here.

As the both of them stand by Elrond's window Gandalf looks out and sees a group of new arrivals in the garden.
A man, an Elf and companions, and a party of Dwarves all dismount and stare around in wonder while one of Elrond's son's leads them.

-This peril belongs to all Middle-Earth. They must decide now how to end it.

There is a knock at the door of the study. Elrond moves gracefully to open the door and finds himself face to face with the woman from downstairs. Her hazel eyes held a sort of wisdom he could not decipher, like a sort of fire that wildly knows what it is meant for.

-Good evening- she says calmly -I was hoping to speak with the lord of this city?

-That is me my lady- Elrond bows his head slightly in greeting and watches in amusement as the human woman bows to him in a very weird way -And your name, lady?

-I am Arya Lorawynn my lord. I was hoping to ask for your permission to stay here with the hobbits for a few days and if I could have a small bowl filled with water if it were possible my lord, right now if it is not too much to ask of you.

Elrond nodded and walked out of the room to find a maid to bring him what the lady was asking for, all while giving Gandalf a quick look before he closed the door behind him and Arya sent the old man by the window a small nod.

He was powerful, perhaps more than the sorcerers Nasuada took pride in, but not more than others she has previously faced with her father.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••