XXI

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

-Arya- Argent nodded his head at a spot besides the man.

Aragorn looks to the side and tracks catch his attention.

-A Hobbit lay here, and the other- he says, Arya thanking Argent silently with a new smile on her lips. Her fingers squeezed Legolas' excited.

••••••••••
•••••

Pippin yells as he looks up at a pair of thrashing hooves bearing down on him. He rolls over, avoiding them by a hairs breath.

••••••••••
•••••

-They crawled- Aragorn starts to follow the tracks, with Legolas, Arya and Gimli behind him.

••••••••••
•••••

Merry and Pippin crawl away from the battle.

••••••••••
•••••

-Their hands were bound- the ranger keeps his eyes on the ground.

••••••••••
•••••

Pippin rubs his bonds against an axe.

••••••••••
•••••

-Their bonds were cut- he says holding up a broken rope -They ran over here... and were followed.

••••••••••
•••••

The hobbits run away from the battle, dodging under another horse. As they fled, Grishnák grabs Pippin by his belt.

-The belt! Run!- Merry tells him. Pippin undoes his belt and the hobbits run off into the trees.

••••••••••
•••••

-The tracks lead away from the battle! Into... Fangorn Forest- he ends.

The four look up into a very dense forest.

-Fangorn! What madness drove them in there?- Gimli shouted.

••••••••••
•••••

The hobbits run in to the forest. They collapse onto the ground, panting.

-Did we lose him? I think we lost him- Pippin gasps.

Grishnák bursts through the branches, a dagger at his hand.

-I'm gonna rip off your filthy little heads! Come here!

-Trees! Climb a tree Pip!

The hobbits climb. Merry looks around and then sighs in relief.

-He's gone- he says.

Merry is pulled by his legs and falls to the ground. Grishnák leans over him. Merry tries to kick him off but to no avail.

-Merry!- Pippin looks down and as he turns his head, he sees a pair of gleaming yellow eyes blinking in the tree. The tree then starts to move- Argh!